Pres. Trump & First Lady Melania Test Positive for COVID

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Pres. Trump & First Lady Melania Test Positive for COVID

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:03 am

The huge breaking news today is that both Donald & Melania Trump tested positive for COVID. This was tweeted out just minutes before 1am EST.

This will be one of those stories where 30-40 years from now people will remember where they were when they first heard the news.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Pres. Trump & First Lady Melania Test Positive for COVID

Postby Thogey » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:50 am

Would it be that much of a catastrophe if covid wiped out all these old f-ing politicians ...ON BOTH SIDES. Finally we burn this $hit down and start kinda fresh?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:13 pm

Risky situation.
As if there isn’t enough unrest.
Innumerable “what if’s” here.

I have a bad feeling about this.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:08 pm

These shithead politicians, all of them are responsible for the unrest. There are no good guys. They could not care less about you. They want the chaos. It is crystal clear to me, this is truth.

I have been told this in the past but did not understand it. I REGRET EVERY VOTE IVE CAST, EVERY POLITICAL OPINION IVE EVER PROJECTED. I ask your forgiveness for ever engaging any of you on any side of any political issue. I have been an ignorant stooge. I've promised to release ICBMs without mental reservation? How fuc*ing sick it that! The SHAME I feel for the man I was, is not quantifiable, and you all knew him.
I will spend the rest of my life atoning for who I was, it may never be enough.

Jesus Christ would be DISGUSTED with all of them. There is NO LOVE nothing good among not a single one of them. My eyes are so opened and this is so clear. I just wish I could give what I have to all of you, and that is true freedom of the mind. It took a trip through hell to get here. But glad I made it.

Do yourselves a favor and read the book of Matthew and the Gulag Archipelago.
"Ideology --Thats what gives evildoing its long sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination"
Aleksander I. Solzhenitsyn.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:42 pm

Eric, your comments are an excellent example of transcending the mundane and freeing oneself of worldly culture. Thank you very much.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:53 pm

I have all respect for Eric.
I have all respect for Shin.
You guys know this.
I cannot see how fantasizing about death to anyone is transcendental.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:46 pm

OneBiteAtATime wrote:I have all respect for Eric.
I have all respect for Shin.
You guys know this.
I cannot see how fantasizing about death to anyone is transcendental.

you are 100% right thanks for correcting me. Im still working on killing that cold hearted son of a bitch that dwells within myself.

I dont fantasize about anyone dying. Ive had my fill of it, believe me. I just want them to go away. Covid seems to be breaking $hit all over without killing people. The disease is definitely a catalyst for huge change.

I came across that way though and that was a mistake. Please allow me to apologize for that, and adjust my meaning.
Thogey

Postby Treetop » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:02 am

Thogey wrote: I just wish I could give what I have to all of you, and that is true freedom of the mind. It took a trip through hell to get here. But glad I made it.

Is that freedom of the mind though? Based on recent posts of yours, you had a profound change kinda recently. Anyone whos read your posts over the years can see it. Who decides what freedom of the mind is or what is just letting go of some things you held dear? I spent YEARS learning to "be in the moment". I was the type to have my mind constantly running. It would define me and others and my life and blah blah blah. I learned to control it until its just me in my head. In doing so my thoughts became more abstract and profound and I cared MORE about society and others.

You mention both/all sides play this political game. (not exactly in those words but this is how I interpreted you, feel free to correct me if I got it wrong). I completely agree. Yet because of that this is why I love a bull in the china shop with Trump. He leaves much to be desired and he obviously plays this "politics" game but as I see it he finds himself in the same broken world we do. Can it be any other way? Will all or most of our culture ever be on the ame side? Doubt it. Humans are contrarians.

As the band from canada once put it..... (rush) If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice. I dont see a reason to fight or hate people over their life choices that made them think as they do but I see very solid and real reasons to stand (and vote) for the world you want. It doesnt and shouldnt consume you. Taking your loved ones to a lake or mountain and experiencing life seem much more important to me, but I need a decent place to do it. If some mindsets win the fact you are the same species as me could mean I decide with my more votes you dont deserve those respites.

Sadly I dont feel I made my points well, but maybe my intent rings through. Or not. Take care random internet friend. Happy you are on a path seeking something deeper. Even if you find things I dont.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:05 pm

I am unable to articulate it. I just feel like I don't want to spend another nano second on it because I've wasted enough of my emotional capital on floating contrived arguments. Im just seeing a system that I dont want to be part of at this point. I don't want to be part of the communist BLM or the blue line veteran white man group. None of it speaks to me. Im gonna live the rest of my life dealing with the six inches in front of my face. Im focused on trying to be a better man. A man who loves forgives and focuses on the log in my own eye. Thats about it. I am now the outsider, trying to starting over with a posture of kindness and humility.
I don't know guy, Im just disconnected in many ways. Its deep rewarding and wonderful. Im making connections I thought were impossible for me to make. Trump is Trump. I pray for him and everyone else. We all possess something divine. I am focused on seeing it.

I just cannot go back to being the dark and judgmental man I was. I and only I know who that man was, Im glad he's gone.

That said I guess someone needs to have raging opinions, its just not me. im bad at it and usually wrong. Ill vote for the least bad options. But I feel it is a mistake to project my opinions because I know they are flawed from lack of understanding. This is my new humility.

For each his own. Best and God bless.
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:09 pm

Jesus Christ would be DISGUSTED with all of them. There is NO LOVE nothing good among not a single one of them. My eyes are so opened and this is so clear. I just wish I could give what I have to all of you, and that is true freedom of the mind. It took a trip through hell to get here. But glad I made it.

BTW I include myself in this assessment. Im spending the rest of my life trying to correct it the best I can.
Thogey

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:37 am

Thogey wrote:I am unable to articulate it. I just feel like I don't want to spend another nano second on it because I've wasted enough of my emotional capital on floating contrived arguments. Im just seeing a system that I dont want to be part of at this point. I don't want to be part of the communist BLM or the blue line veteran white man group. None of it speaks to me.

For me, the big sailboat option is looking better and better. I've been tracking the market on the West coast, there are a few very good deals to be had in the 37' to 42' size range.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:49 am

IdahoCopper wrote:For me, the big sailboat option is looking better and better. I've been tracking the market on the West coast, there are a few very good deals to be had in the 37' to 42' size range.

Great minds think alike.

Consider getting your coast guard certifications now.

Volunteer to crew on different boats to learn as much as possible.

Learn how to repair a diesel engine and rig solar.

Pick up a subscription to Cruising World magazine - good way to learn various things.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:01 am

Buying the boat is the cheapest and easiest part.
Thogey

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:44 am

This would be my 3rd large sailboat.

I started in the 80s by learning celestial navigation then hitchhiking from Los Angeles to Australia. It took 8 months and 4 boats to get there. I learned a lot about sailing in any weather.

When I came back after almost a year in Australia and New Zealand, I bought a 1957 35' yawl. Wood boats are very nice. I lived aboard it in San Diego.

I sold that one (big mistake) and bought a 40' fiberglass sloop.

When I sold that one I swore no more big boats until I can pay cash for one. You aren't going anywhere with a mortgage on your boat.

So I'm an experienced captain, I do not need any coast guard certifications. I do have a ham radio license so I can use 40 meters single sideband to talk to people a 1000 miles away, or more. I was a construction electrician for 20 years, I can build, fix, or jury-rig just about anything.

All I need now is the next big sailboat, there is a year of storable food already in the house as preps that can go aboard.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:28 am

You guys are so awesome. Very cool.

Ill bet that was a steep learning curve. Maybe you and Lemon Thrower could make great things happen. You guys should connect.

Did you live at Shelter Island marina?
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:02 am

Talk about a thread drift.
Thogey

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 am

I lived aboard my boats in San Diego for 7 or 8 years. I was at a marina in Mission Bay, then moved to a mooring ball near Shelter Island. I was at a marina at Harbor Island for a while, then back on a mooring ball at Shelter Island.

Living on a mooring ball requires a dingy to get to the dock where the car is parked. Also needed is a gym membership for showers. I rented what I called a "yacht support garage" from an apartment complex where I stowed my things that didn't fit on the boat.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:04 am

Recyclersteve wrote:This will be one of those stories where 30-40 years from now people will remember where they were when they first heard the news.

Doesn't seem like this is going to rise to that level of memorable. I already can't remember where I was. :lol:
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions