Filled the gas tank today

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Filled the gas tank today

Postby NDFarmer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:23 pm

I filled the gas tank on my pickup this afternoon. Cost me $91.00 Thank you Joe Biden!!!
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Filled the gas tank today

Postby thecrazyone » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:47 pm

You have to look at the big picture, ND... At least relations with China are better!! [/sarcasm]
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:48 am

You know, just think about all those 10s of millions of people who voted FOR THIS ...... because they voted FOR ANYTHING BUT TRUMP.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Changechecker » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:27 am

I remind my "anyone but Trump friends" of all the wonderful things that are happening since the election. I get no response. What is scary is its only been a few months of this.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby fasteddy » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:09 pm

yup, looks like a rise in fuel prices of a nearly dime per week
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:54 pm

Only 3 yrs and 10 mos to go.
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:33 pm

thecrazyone wrote:Only 3 yrs and 10 mos to go.

Until President Comma-la runs for the first time. "No person shall be elected to office of President for more than twice." If she takes over for Shaky Joe during his first term, she could be the first president since FDR to be in office more than 8 years. God help us.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby thecrazyone » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:37 pm

I kept trying to tell people that yes, you can still do worse than Trump. My message only went so far.
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:49 pm

Changechecker wrote:What is scary is its only been a few months of this.

No it hasn't been a few months it just feels like it's been months it's only been six weeks!!!!

In just six weeks he has shut down the Keystone pipeline, putting thousands of people out of work. Caused the price of gas to go up by 50 to 60 cents a gallon. Opened up the southern border letting in thousands of illegal aliens many of them Covid positive. And he is letting them come into the country and go wherever they want. Then he is going to sign a two trillion dollar Covid stimulus bill which has NOTHING to do with stimulus or Covid. (Only 9 percent of the two trillion goes towards Covid relief) Then when the Dems are done ramming that through they are going to pass another two trillion dollar infrastructure bill. We will be so far in debt it will trigger a collapse of the economy and cause inflation like no one has ever seen before.

Plus there are the dozens of executive orders that he has signed. All this and more in just six weeks.
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:52 am

NDFarmer wrote:I filled the gas tank on my pickup this afternoon. Cost me $91.00 Thank you Joe Biden!!!

In the interest of full and fair disclosure, 20 cents per gallon of whatever price you pay per gallon goes into the North Dakota state coffers (whether it is gasoline or diesel).
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:42 am

If you remove the state and federal taxes from the gas price it makes the percentage of increase even larger.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NDFarmer » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:52 am

Recyclersteve wrote:In the interest of full and fair disclosure, 20 cents per gallon of whatever price you pay per gallon goes into the North Dakota state coffers (whether it is gasoline or diesel).

So what? Since Biden took office our gas taxes in North Dakota have NOT been raised. But the price of gas HAS.
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hirbonzig » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:29 am

Rising gas prices put a squeeze on everyone, but the lower classes are hurt the most, which I thought Old Joe was a champion for? Higher fuel prices are also past along to ship food, clothing and you name it making everything more expensive.
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Tourney64 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:38 pm

Some state gas taxes are a percentage of the price, where other states are a flat rate or combo.

In Indiana they are a percent of the total. I remember during Obama years when gas was high, the Indiana governor made a temporary change to lower the taxes to help those in need.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions