Costco Free Samples Coming Back Soon!

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Costco Free Samples Coming Back Soon!

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat May 29, 2021 5:00 am

Here is a sign that the pandemic situation is getting better. I heard on the news that Costco is gonna be giving out free samples again very soon. They also said some stores have ALREADY BEGUN! I’m feeling hungry already.

Gotta tell you folks a funny Costco story. In my stock broker days I got calls from clients all around the country, even a few from abroad. One of my regulars was in the San Diego area. We knew each other fairly well and one day he told me he had been getting free samples from Costco (a full lunch) virtually every day for about 5 years. IIRC he had about $5 million invested with my firm at the time. Now that is what I call FRUGAL!!!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Costco Free Samples Coming Back Soon!

Postby JadeDragon » Mon May 31, 2021 9:12 pm

If he spent that much time in Costco I’m sure they got a good share of his spending. The truly sustainably rich don’t spend money unnecessarily.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: Costco Free Samples Coming Back Soon!

Postby Treetop » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:38 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:Gotta tell you folks a funny Costco story. In my stock broker days I got calls from clients all around the country, even a few from abroad. One of my regulars was in the San Diego area. We knew each other fairly well and one day he told me he had been getting free samples from Costco (a full lunch) virtually every day for about 5 years. IIRC he had about $5 million invested with my firm at the time. Now that is what I call FRUGAL!!!

I actually found this a bit sad. Kinda like a scrooge story. I totally get being frugal. I live a more spartan lifestyle then most Ive known in my life. One thing I do often spend on is quality food though. Dont even mean organic or any such thing necessarily, just if Im going to buy the fuel for my finite body I want it to have the best stuff. I guess I would have only had like 4.8 or 4.9m invested with you if I was in his shoes.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions