7/1/21 (TH): Anyone Able to Trade the NEW Hertz?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

7/1/21 (TH): Anyone Able to Trade the NEW Hertz?

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:35 am

Is anyone able to trade the new Hertz Rent-a-Car stock as yet? I realize the symbol for the new stock is gonna be HTZZ. But my broker (Schwab) says they can’t get it set up in the system until they get a CUSIP number from the exchange. In other words, my having the symbol is NOT enough.

Even if you don’t want Hertz in your account at all, can you try to place a trade for a gift price to see if your broker’s system will even allow trades. Barron’s says it should begin trade at an estimated $13.80 per share. So see if you can place an order to buy 100 shares at, say, $1 a share.

Please report back who your broker(s) is/are. Also, if you find out later today or tomorrow that you can indeed trade HTZZ, please update this thread.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am also curious about the warrants, which will trade as HTZZW and are estimated to begin trade today at about $9 each.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 7/1/21 (TH): Anyone Able to Trade the NEW Hertz?

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:19 am

As of about 10:20am EST I was able to trade Hertz stock and warrants online with Schwab. It was tricky. I had to have a broker walk me through the trade online in a different way than normal so as to trick the system into accepting my trade. Oh well- at least it worked.

By the way HTZZ stock was as high ad $35 today. Unfortunately I didn’t have shares yet so I couldn’t take advantage of that ridiculous price as yet. Oh well…
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby natsb88 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:42 pm

I can place orders on Firstrade. It says "data not available for this ticker" where it would normally show charts and stats, but it accepted an order without issue.
natsb88

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:13 am

Thanks Nate.

Recyclersteve

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions