Market expected to open with a drop today

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Market expected to open with a drop today

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:52 am

Thanks to the latest Omicron updates, the market will probably go into the basement when it opens today.

Just an FYI!
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: Market expected to open with a drop today

Postby ScrapMetal » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:44 am

Never having any interest in the markets until now with both some dabbling in crypto and the stock markets, never knew what prompted huge gains and losses.
Isn't end of the year traditionally a time of wild swings with profit and loss taking? I read where you can sell your losers and claim a loss, then wait 30 days and repurchase them and still be "legal" with that loss. You win both ways - claim your loss and then still own those shares.
Seeing the wild losses in crypto, I read that the 30 day wait is not yet in the rules. Not really sure, as I am just riding out the swings and hoping the New Year brings back the profits.
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Re: Market expected to open with a drop today

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:04 pm

ScrapMetal wrote:Never having any interest in the markets until now with both some dabbling in crypto and the stock markets, never knew what prompted huge gains and losses.
Isn't end of the year traditionally a time of wild swings with profit and loss taking? I read where you can sell your losers and claim a loss, then wait 30 days and repurchase them and still be "legal" with that loss. You win both ways - claim your loss and then still own those shares.
Seeing the wild losses in crypto, I read that the 30 day wait is not yet in the rules. Not really sure, as I am just riding out the swings and hoping the New Year brings back the profits.

I'm not smart enough to try to daytrade crypto so my winning strategy...so far...has been to simply buy and hodl a few of the top coins. I'm also on the Celsius Network which lets me borrow against my crypto. That's been helpful. With a 25% LTV you can borrow at 1% and extend the loan if you need to.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions