Urea shortage

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Urea shortage

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:29 am

I am assuming that building urea production plants will take too long and cost a lot of money. Meanwhile, shortage of urea will immobilize some OTR diesel trucks. Which means higher prices and the cycle will feed on itself with lack of workers to boot.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... pply-chain
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Urea shortage

Postby coppernickel » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:16 pm

Thank you for sharing.

I know Australia is more "Mad Max" country, but give it time, those chickens will come home to roost.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby sparechange » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:46 pm

Yikes!! Sounds like DEF is another item to stock up on especially if you have any modern diesel engines in your fleet. It might also make a good barter item at some point. I think the shelf life is only a couple of years if stored properly. This assumes that diesel is still affordable and readily available. Urea is a supplement for some livestock, which might cause other issues.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:36 am

I know a guy who is a homesteader. He stores/uses jars of his own urine/urea for the crops he plants.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:44 am

Urea is also a major source of nitrogen for fertilizer. This will mean lower food productuon and/or higher prices.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:20 pm

my UREA cost have nearly doubled to a little over $1200 a ton....no shortage here...I just bought another ton last week.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions