stock market crash prediction

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

stock market crash prediction

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:39 am

Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: stock market crash prediction

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:37 am

This is your typical fear mongering type article.

I wouldn’t use it as an excuse to avoid the stock market. Also, you shouldn’t be all in without the resources to double down. As an example, it would be really sad if silver went down to, say, $9 an ounce, and you didn’t have the money or the guts to buy more when it is on sale.

Also, it is always good to understand short selling and have that skill in your back pocket. Read my separate post titled “Anatomy of a Short Sale” from earlier this week for a real life example of how it worked for me this week in an OBVIOUS situation.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:16 pm

Taleb is a perma-doomer. He's been saying the same things since 2005.

Unless something VERY serious happens (nuke war, cyber attack, EMP, etc.) the Feds money printing machine always comes to the rescue.

However, the value of the USD will eventually hit zero. By then TPTB will most likely have another form of currency to take its place.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:26 pm

Will the market crash bad like 1929-1933, on it's own? I used to think it would but that was before I realized 15 years ago that TPTB will do everything legal and illegal within their abilities to stop a crash before it gets underway.

However that doesn't mean that a so called "black swan" event won't happen that pushes the market beyond what those in power can do to stall it. Such as, for example - a war with China - which many now consider a certainty if the current administration or it's successors stay in office, by 2025. China aims to take Taiwan back, and if they decide the best way to do it is to use force, they will. It's a calculation they will make using their math (which only involves the probability of a win for them while staying in power on the other side, regardless of cost to anyone involved on either side). Deterence is the only prevention, and our current leaders do not know how to do that. I think it is now almost too late to change the math in our favor in time to prevent it.

So imagine what happens to the US (even if we "win") if we fight the country that makes most of our drugs as well as 95% of what Amazon delivery. There will not be a useful market left at the end of that. Sorry to be a downer, but anyone that is "prepping" had best make themselves completely Independent of China including all the drugs they need to get past any issues they might have over the next 5 years.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pmbug » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:44 pm

"Dr. Doom" does his thing (link redirects to the Financial Times):
... For all these reasons, the relative decline of the US dollar as the main reserve currency is likely to occur over the next decade. ...

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiP2 ... id=US%3Aen
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions