Who has the dimes?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Who has the dimes?

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:25 pm

Sounds like brand new dimes… $750,000 in one trailer and $200,000 stolen. Is the weight math correct? https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/14/us/phila ... index.html
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: Who has the dimes?

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:48 am

JadeDragon wrote:Sounds like brand new dimes… $750,000 in one trailer and $200,000 stolen. Is the weight math correct? https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/14/us/phila ... index.html

Officials are searching for men in black clothing and gray hoodies, a white Chrysler 300 with tinted windows and a dark-colored pickup truck in connection with the theft.

No mention of the perps race.

You know it's black men who stole it, because if it were white perps CNN would tell you they were white. Black perps?... race NOT mentioned.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:05 am

My brain working quickly and rounding the numbers calculates $200,000 in dimes to be more than 1000 pounds??? Is that right? No wonder they had a pick up.

Keep stacking. Look for silver dimes though.....
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:16 pm

I wish there was a good way to bet on these guys being caught.

Even with Coinstar machines they will have a hard time going through enough dimes by spending them to make it worth it. This is IMHO one of the dumber crimes I’ve heard of.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby wheeler_dealer » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:38 pm

The crooks probably had no idea what was in the trailer. If it was in Wal Mart lot they probably thought they were getting goods. Surprise!
Unless it was an inside job and the truck driver set it up.
I would imagine it will be solved fairly quickly.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:01 pm

Please also see the Stolen Dimes thread which began about 4 hours before this one.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:02 pm

Please also see the Stolen Dimes thread which began about 4 hours before this one.

Recyclersteve

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions