Federal Reserve FedNow instant electronic payments

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Federal Reserve FedNow instant electronic payments

Postby texcollex » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:54 pm

Anyone been following the rollout of FedNow?
https://www.federalreserve.gov/payments ... _about.htm

What are your thoughts?
texcollex
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Federal Reserve FedNow instant electronic payments

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:04 pm

I hadn't been aware til now and your post. Sounds like they are commercializing capabilities that they already have (more or less) and extending them to allow member banks to use their service as a backbone for a retail service to their clients, like Venmo or PayPal, but through the fed. Not sure what I think of it yet.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Federal Reserve FedNow instant electronic payments

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:26 am

All countries are "studying" CBDCs.

If you do not ask, "Why is every country doing this at the same time?", you will never figure out the truth.

FedNow is a stealth slide towards adopting the USD CBDC.

There is a lot more insight in this article:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ere-around

The thing that was horrifying about listening to my colleagues reporting on the state of things in their countries — or, rather, the thing that should be horrifying but is becoming a mundane fact of life — is that more or less the same totalitarian program is being rolled out in countries throughout the world.

The censorship.

The official propaganda.

The criminalization of dissent.

The pathologization of dissent.

The manipulation of our perception of reality.

The coordinated transformation of the world into a smiley-faced neo-Orwellian police state in which politics no longer matters because society has been divided into two basic classes, i.e., “the normals,” who are prepared to mindlessly follow orders and parrot whatever official propaganda they are fed, and “the deviants,” or “extremists,” who are not.

Seriously, all satire aside, think about the implications of that.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions