Want to start a biz and can use a Youtuber's help

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Want to start a biz and can use a Youtuber's help

Postby coindood » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:38 pm

I have a coin product idea that would fulfill what seems to be a neglected facet of collecting. A current Youtuber from the UK would be an immense help in giving this venture some exposure and perhaps partial financing. It DOES NOT involve doing videos, other than possibly promos for the product.

I am completely in the dark about this and don't know where to begin, but the product is almost guaranteed to have some interest, especially for young collectors, and thanks to Cointubers, there are more and more YC's each month.

From what I can tell NO ONE is doing something like this, and I would be curious what my first move is. The projected audience for this would be, but is not limited to, UK collectors. I know if I saw something like this offered in the US, I'd grab one.

I'm being purposefully vague for obvious reasons, but can supply more details if needed.

Any advice how to start?
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Want to start a biz and can use a Youtuber's help

Postby NDFarmer » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:27 am

Is this item patentable? Pretty tough to share anything about it without having your idea stolen if it is not patented.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby coindood » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:20 am

NDFarmer wrote:Is this item patentable?

No, but it's still something that no one else is specifically marketing.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:27 am

The first step is to produce your product and see if people want it even if you have to give it away. Maybe go to coin shows.

Then scale the product.

Then invest in promotion, YouTube.

If I was a YouTuber I might interview you or place an ad for your product. But that assumes you have a product ready to sell.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:00 pm

coindood wrote:
NDFarmer wrote:Is this item patentable?

No, but it's still something that no one else is specifically marketing.

Keep in mind that if your idea is successful, others will see how many are viewing what you post. They will often then try to compete with you.

Whatever you do, please don’t take 30 minutes to say something that could clearly be explained in 4-5 minutes.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions