Cashless business bans becoming a thing

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Cashless business bans becoming a thing

Postby coindood » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:46 am

coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Cashless business bans becoming a thing

Postby pmbug » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:09 am

It is heartening to see it, but there is a larger fight brewing (globally) over transitioning bearer bond monetary systems into central bank digital currencies (CBDCs). So while there are efforts at the local level to preserve the ecosystem for cash (fiat bearer bonds) in local economies, there is a growing movement at the top to scrap the system entirely. The BIS, IMF and WEF friends like Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are pushing hard for countries to develop digital ID and CBDC systems. Europe is currently having a lively debate on the subject. If you don't want this here in the USA, you might take a few minutes to send an email to your Congress critter and tell them to support Tom Emmer's bill:

https://emmer.house.gov/2023/9/emmer-s- ... -committee

More:

https://www.cato.org/blog/representativ ... no-us-cbdc
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Silver4face » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:14 pm

coindood wrote:https://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/articles/d-c-is-now-enforcing-its-cashless-business-ban-what-that-could-mean-for-you

I like this trend!

I have read the article and I also like this trend. More importantly, it is very important that WE boycott any and all non cash businesses. Simply go to their competitors.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:20 pm

I guess if we go cashless, all of Congress will have to take up painting.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Silver4face » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:09 pm

JerrySpringer wrote:I guess if we go cashless, all of Congress will have to take up painting.

If we go cashless, we will have a boatload of problems.
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Morsecode » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:55 pm

My bank basically shut me off from coin, with the reason that it costs them something to have coin delivered. True enough. But their cash deliveries are not free. At what point does that cost justify curtailing? Maybe a phase-in thing, where customers are limited to $300 cash per month.

Seems no-one wants to run a bank for consumers. The commercial accounts are where it's at.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Silver4face » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:34 pm

Morsecode wrote:My bank basically shut me off from coin, with the reason that it costs them something to have coin delivered. True enough. But their cash deliveries are not free. At what point does that cost justify curtailing? Maybe a phase-in thing, where customers are limited to $300 cash per month.

Seems no-one wants to run a bank for consumers. The commercial accounts are where it's at.

Not to be rude, but find another bank (or two). Always stop at banks if you are out of town during bank hours.
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Morsecode » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:26 pm

Done that. Long ago, actually. TD won't order coin for personal accounts any longer. The other banks around here never would. The credit union charges fees for everything.

The only option left is to open a business account, which draws much unwanted attention from tax people. I'm toying with the idea of trying to piggyback onto an existing business...a small convenience store I'm friendly with. I'll ask him if he can order 4 boxes of cents per week, and pay him the fee rather than the bank.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Silver4face » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:32 pm

4 boxes of cents are a lot to ask for, but if they can do it and the fees are reasonable, then yeah go for it. Also, I totally agree with you that opening a business account is a bad idea here.
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions