Pre-1933 US Gold Coins Guide

The Education Area. By request, this forum is for posting and discussing articles written by realcent members on forum related topics.

Authors should start a new thread for each article, blog post, or how to guide. All Members are encouraged to comment on and discuss the posted piece.

Pre-1933 US Gold Coins Guide

Postby JadeDragon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:57 pm

I put together a quick guide to Pre-1933 US gold coins for those of us who don't have much experience with these type of coins. Hope it is useful and I welcome any suggestions for improvements. I'll likely add some photos later.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: Pre-1933 US Gold Coins Guide

Postby Numis Pam » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:12 pm

Was doing some reading today and found this very helpful. Hopefully some of you others can use it too.
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:06 pm

Come to think about it.... Where did Jade go?
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby gubni » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:24 am

Way too many adds. I found it hard to use as a reference. I was looking for a detail and only skimmed over it though.
"Every man I meet is in some way my superior."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
gubni
Penny Collector Member

Postby tdfxman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:38 am

New to the site and I have been offered some pre-1933 a lot lately at BS.

I think the best guide is one what shows the years and total gold weight. That is what I was looking for anyway. Guys will say I have X 1931 half eagle or $5 eagle. I know off the top of my head I don't know the real gold weight of those. If I see a chart I will post it but good history for sure!
tdfxman

Return to Guides/Articles/Blogs Written By Realcent Members