Before you ban a Canadian did you know----

The Education Area. By request, this forum is for posting and discussing articles written by realcent members on forum related topics.

Authors should start a new thread for each article, blog post, or how to guide. All Members are encouraged to comment on and discuss the posted piece.

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:04 am

I keep seeing listing that state the will not ship to Canada because shipping is to high. Did you know that you can send up to four pounds via fist class international . A small flat rate box up to four pounds is only $12.95. Also it is good to have a friend in Canada they have great coins. Also it is ok to send coins to Canada if it is to a collector from http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/ce_003.htm#ep2041503
Restrictions
Coins; banknotes; currency notes; securities payable to bearer; traveler’s checks; gold, silver, platinum, manufactured or not; jewelry; and other valuable articles may be sent only in registered items.
Exceptions:
Coins sent to or from collectors or dealers may be mailed in ordinary (uninsured) parcels.

Also looks like Gold is not OK--
Gold bullion, gold dust, and nonmanufactured precious metals.

So you might think about letting Canadian bid. Just my to cents.
Joe
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Before you ban a Canadian did you know----

Postby frugi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:59 am

to reply to this since I know I am one of the biggest offenders.......I dont ship to Canada because of the no tracking, no insurance being available. It isnt the price for me, it is more the fact that it takes usually 2 weeks from the time it is sent before it arrives, and it is not able to be tracked or insured using the flat rate boxes. Usually I dont charge the customer for shipping in my KSA's, I usually start my KSA's at $0.99, and chance it that the bidding will go over the cost of shipping. Most often my packages are med or large flat rate boxes, and those have a weight limit of only like 20 lbs. so it wouldnt work for me, since I can send a much larger package to the states for quite a bit less, and have it insured and tracked. I have sent hundreds of packages to Canada nonetheless. In most cases though, I will make more profit by keeping them being sent only to the states. I dont have any other REAL job, so every penny counts, i too have to pay my bills, perhaps if I had a more secure job, and could approach this soley as a hobby it would be different.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:38 am

frugi wrote: ......I dont ship to Canada because of the no tracking, no insurance being available.

You can buy insurance from InsurePost http://www.insurepost.com/default.asp for those Canadian shipments.

What items can I insure?
The following list of items are NOT ABLE TO BE INSURED by InsurePost.com.

Accounts, bills, currency, cash in transit, evidence of debt, checks, money orders, COD payments, coins (collectible coins are not excluded), securities and other negotiable papers, tickets, deeds, notes, gift cards, manuscripts, documents, neon items, hazardous material (per UPS Hazardous Materials List), LCD monitors or screens, televisions (including LCD, plasma, CRT, projection, and similar), cell phones (including mobile phones, smart phones, messaging phones, iPhones, android phones, blackberry phones, and similar), laptop computers (including tablet computers, iPads, and similar), perishable cargo or similar property, eggs, any stone or ceramic slabs, automobiles, motorcycles, live animals, flowers, plants, seeds, cigarettes/cigars, cotton, guns (guns more than 100 years old are not excluded), tobacco, windows, plate glass, stained glass, float glass, and used household goods and used personal effects.

*Household goods and personal effects are items that are used in a dwelling. These include furniture, appliances, clothing, linens and other household items that are not involved in a recent sale or under commercial invoice. Items sold on eBay or via online store are not considered household goods or personal effects as they are under commercial invoice.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:01 am

you can ship express and get tracking. Gold and silver is supposed to be prohibited in express. I have sent at least 10 packages to canada, express, with a proper customs declaration identifying contents .999 gold/ silver and they all have gone through. You cant do it at the po though because they wont take it but i think it would go through if you printed express label, drop into box and its less than 13 oz
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:00 pm

realcent needs a couple of mules, one on the US side and one on the Canadian side, who could meet at some small bordertown near their mutual homes and make a stealthy exchange of the cash and the goods. Probably need to give them a little something for their trouble, kinda turn it into a side business for them.

Any volunteers?

Do we have any members in Mexico? Pachucko lives near that border. Just make sure there is no sugar or flour residue on your shipments going that direction or he'll go missing for a long time.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Guides/Articles/Blogs Written By Realcent Members