The Canard of "Underutilized" Resources

The Education Area. By request, this forum is for posting and discussing articles written by realcent members on forum related topics.

Authors should start a new thread for each article, blog post, or how to guide. All Members are encouraged to comment on and discuss the posted piece.

The Canard of "Underutilized" Resources

Postby Economist » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Well, since there's an official page for it here, I suppose I'll shamelessly self-promote.

My article on the folly of Quantitative Easing (aka printing money to "stimulate" the economy):

http://www.thefreemanonline.org/headline/the-canard-of-underutilized-resources/
Economist
Penny Pincher Member

Re: The Canard of "Underutilized" Resources

Postby Cptindy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:17 am

A very interesting perspective and explanation of the structure within industry itself and the components that seem to go the wayside. The situation confuses me in that, while the monetary policy is determined to subsidize inevitably Wall Street,(offsetting the continued withdrawal of investment) the necessary infrastructure improvements that would readily absorb these "low skilled" laborers receives no direct command or incentive.

How can a nation so in need of a makeover of its internal organs not promote the actual salvation of these worker? The situation reeks of misrepresentation. Those wielding their economic superiority choose to honor a system that in actuality is evolving on theory and completely missing the boat. An attempt to stimulate a non producing asset such as Wall Street, will only serve as a siphon to foreign capital. Creating jobs and industry over seas, while only those capitalists at the helm see a reward.
"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting"
"The average man doesn't want to be free. He wants to be safe."
H.L. Mencken
Cptindy
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: The Canard of "Underutilized" Resources

Postby TXBullion » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Good read for me, I like reading economic literature when its in terms that I can understand
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Guides/Articles/Blogs Written By Realcent Members