Cheap shipping

The Education Area. By request, this forum is for posting and discussing articles written by realcent members on forum related topics.

Authors should start a new thread for each article, blog post, or how to guide. All Members are encouraged to comment on and discuss the posted piece.

Cheap shipping

Postby gubni » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Shipping up to 3oz by postal service is $2.07 with stamps and there is no tracking or delivery confirmation. If you do it at the USPS website then there is no choice for first class which means you are forced to buy priority mail. Often that's too expensive for a few coins. I started searching how to print postage online and tried many different websites. Most required a membership which I did not want to buy.

Eventually I found this link below. Paypal offers shipping. For $1.69 you can print postage from home up to 3oz and get tracking - delivery confirmation. If you need to ship something heavier then you can do that also.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now
Last edited by gubni on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every man I meet is in some way my superior."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
gubni
Penny Collector Member

Re: Cheap shipping

Postby AGgressive Metal » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:27 pm

link goes to this(?): "Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again."
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby gubni » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks, I fixed the link.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
gubni
Penny Collector Member

Postby messymessy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Maybe it's just me, but the link just takes me to the Paypal log-on page.

I know what you're talking about, I've used it often. To print and ship online first class parcel postage, you have to use PayPal's multi-order shipment tool. In classic PayPal, goto your account overview page and the link is on the right.

While we are on the subject of cheap shipping, has anyone started using Priority Mail Regional Rate boxes from the USPS? There are multiple sizes of boxes available and they are cheaper to ship than medium or large flat rate boxes. You have to use boxes supplied from USPS and there is a 15 pound limit. I find that Regional Rate A boxes are a deal for anything in the 3 to 15 pound range.

You can print Regional Rate postage online using Ebay's shipping tool or the USPS website. Best of my knowledge, regional rate postage is not available from PayPal.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby natsb88 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:54 pm

messymessy wrote:While we are on the subject of cheap shipping, has anyone started using Priority Mail Regional Rate boxes from the USPS? There are multiple sizes of boxes available and they are cheaper to ship than medium or large flat rate boxes. You have to use boxes supplied from USPS and there is a 15 pound limit. I find that Regional Rate A boxes are a deal for anything in the 3 to 15 pound range.

You can print Regional Rate postage online using Ebay's shipping tool or the USPS website. Best of my knowledge, regional rate postage is not available from PayPal.

Regional Rate postage is based on zones so the cost varies. They can be a great deal for shorter distances, sometimes for longer distances you are better off with a traditional flat rate product. Regional A has a 15 pound limit and is always cheaper than a Medium Flat Rate Box (roughly $5 - $10). Regional B has a 20 pound limit and can be cheaper or more expensive than a MFRB (roughly $6 - $16). Regional C has a 25 pound limit and is always more expensive than a MFRB (roughly $15 - $47).
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby gubni » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:22 am

Yes a PayPal login screen is correct. The good thing is up to 3oz is $1.69 with a tracking number.it first class postage similar to using stamps but cheaper and includes tracking.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
gubni
Penny Collector Member

Postby Double3 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:22 am

messymessy wrote:While we are on the subject of cheap shipping, has anyone started using Priority Mail Regional Rate boxes from the USPS? There are multiple sizes of boxes available and they are cheaper to ship than medium or large flat rate boxes. You have to use boxes supplied from USPS and there is a 15 pound limit. I find that Regional Rate A boxes are a deal for anything in the 3 to 15 pound range.

Those regional rate A boxes are awesome and saved me quite a bit on shipping a few times this year.

PayPal needs to add that in.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby gubni » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:18 pm

For priority mail and regional rate just go to www.usps.com and create a free account.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
gubni
Penny Collector Member

Postby Double3 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:55 pm

gubni wrote:For priority mail and regional rate just go to http://www.usps.com and create a free account.

You can ship priority with PayPal.
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby natsb88 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Double3 wrote:
gubni wrote:For priority mail and regional rate just go to http://www.usps.com and create a free account.

You can ship priority with PayPal.

But not Regional Rate.
natsb88

Postby Rastatodd » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:44 am

Thanks to gubni for posting his "cheap shipping" findings. I have been trying for ever to mail a parcel cheaper than those Priory boxes and now I have found it. When you mail something via PayPal do you get FREE tracking as well? Just wondering. I'm tight as bark on yonder tree. :D
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:28 pm

You can get tracking with just first class at paypal, which you can't get at the usps counter. This has all been covered in older threads but apparently not stickied so the info becomes hard to find after awhile.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Numis Pam » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Thanks so much Gubni. :thumbup:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby smackvay » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:33 am

This has now been raised to $1.92 or something like that
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby copperpennies » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:20 am

I have began using multiple stamps on uline bubble envelopes. I believe the fees are: .21 for non flat hand sort, .49 for first ounce, .20 for the next 12. I have been dropping cheap coins into the mail and have not gotten any returned to me, yet :ugeek: . If there is interest shoot me a PM and I could get bubble envelopes and apply the postage for you.

I only use unused postage because I use a chemical solution, so these are not the ones that are removed and reglued. Even with my method however, It is impossible to get an old stamp to stick onto a properly packed CTU and technically if the stamp falls off and I try to restick it, I am breaking the law. The postmen have always so far told me "well this time ill let it pass because I know they haven't been used..."
copperpennies
Penny Collector Member

Return to Guides/Articles/Blogs Written By Realcent Members