My 2 published works.

The Education Area. By request, this forum is for posting and discussing articles written by realcent members on forum related topics.

Authors should start a new thread for each article, blog post, or how to guide. All Members are encouraged to comment on and discuss the posted piece.

My 2 published works.

Postby thecrazyone » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Both can be ordered via Amazon.com. Hope one of them can help someone out here!!

20 Years Gone: A Divorce Story (written under my pen name):
https://www.amazon.com/20-Years-Gone-Di ... 1693393220

Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (a truly easy investment tool):
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: My 2 published works.

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:39 pm

I got some great feedback on my change book last year, looking forward to hearing how it may help families in 2020!!
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:38 pm

Congrats on publishing something! I've been thinking about doing this, but I would still need to put a LOT of time into it and don't want to do so without a decent assurance that I will likely make at least $10-20k. After all, my time has to be worth something. I have no idea how to get that type of assurance unless someone (perhaps a publisher or wealthy person who knows me and trusts in the quality of work I do) would bankroll me.

By the way, the items I have started writing about include:

1) Trading stocks in extended hours
2) Stock tender offers and other corporate actions (focusing on the shares where people with 99 or fewer shares have an advantage)
3) A book about coins- don't want to get any more specific than that at this point

Has anyone heard of using GoFundMe to raise money to publish something? If so and if you could give some basic details on that, I'd appreciate it.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:45 pm

Hey crazyone:

I do have a question for you. What can you do to try and drive sales of your publications? Sure, you can mention it on this site and perhaps a few others that you use, but I don't know how that could generate sales of very many books (hard copy and online both included).
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby thecrazyone » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:31 pm

Hey, Steve!

Sorry for the delayed reply on your questions.

I know of gofundme, but not for generating publishing funds.

As for promotion of your works, if you want to email me at jbradyiii@gmail.com, I can share what methods I've used, and, continue to.

Jim
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:01 am

Just some interesting updates I've observed this year in regard to my book sales:

1. Although both books are doing well, the divorce book is truly outselling the investment book: I guess it's true that more people are interested in misery than improvement!
2. In an economy where people are losing jobs, and the economy itself is at risk, why wouldn't people take advantage of books and resources that show you, very simply, how to avoid being destitute when the fit hits the shan? (I know, it's a rhetorical question- the answer is, "ambition")

Anyway, that's the latest. Stay tuned!
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 am

thecrazyone wrote:Just some interesting updates I've observed this year in regard to my book sales:

1. Although both books are doing well, the divorce book is truly outselling the investment book: I guess it's true that more people are interested in misery than improvement!
2. In an economy where people are losing jobs, and the economy itself is at risk, why wouldn't people take advantage of books and resources that show you, very simply, how to avoid being destitute when the fit hits the shan? (I know, it's a rhetorical question- the answer is, "ambition")

Anyway, that's the latest. Stay tuned!

Regarding the financial book, I think a lot of people have just given up hope at this point.

Recyclersteve

Postby thecrazyone » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Just touching base, now that it's the end of 2020, to see if either of my books happened to help anyone in this community. I'm really hoping so.

Thanks to COVID, I might now have to write a new book on how to survive isolation!!
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Return to Guides/Articles/Blogs Written By Realcent Members