Kids Should Learn about Real Money (and Jade with Gold!)

The Education Area. By request, this forum is for posting and discussing articles written by realcent members on forum related topics.

Authors should start a new thread for each article, blog post, or how to guide. All Members are encouraged to comment on and discuss the posted piece.

Kids Should Learn about Real Money (and Jade with Gold!)

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Here is a post on teaching your kids about Precious Metals. Also see Jade with a cool 1/2 million in pure gold.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: Kids Should Learn about Real Money (and Jade with Gold!)

Postby mickeyman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:31 am

Good post. We took the kids on a tour of the Mint last week while in Ottawa. Jealous over the stacks of silver bars I saw on the production floor. Still have a ways to go.
mickeyman
Penny Collector Member

Postby merchoarder » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:47 am

Really cool link! I'm 30 yrs old but I am so happy my mother taught me at a young age to appreciate metals. I actually remember sorting pennies together about 25 years ago. Of course I grew in to a "know it all teenager" and then a broke college student and now I'm just plain broke :lol: But the fundamentals remain, pretty sure I wouldn't be sorting pennies today and stacking silver without her influence. Thanks for the reminder of where we all came from, if only I was a little wiser and would've been sorting/stacking the whole time!
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby John_doe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:51 am

I'm trying to teach my neice and nephews about sound money, so far I have 1 out of 3 interested. He likes the numismatic books, and also seems very curious in that he asks lots of questions.

He will be very happy he listened to me one day! :)
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby PennyBoy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:51 pm

JadeDragon wrote:Here is a post on teaching your kids about Precious Metals. Also see Jade with a cool 1/2 million in pure gold.

Sweeet brick! How much does that thing weigh?
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Postby Market Harmony » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Jade is worth more, as you know. Keep spreading the word. The world will change one of these days, but not without prodding from us all.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:22 pm

PennyBoy wrote:
JadeDragon wrote:Here is a post on teaching your kids about Precious Metals. Also see Jade with a cool 1/2 million in pure gold.

Sweeet brick! How much does that thing weigh?

I think the gold bar is about 400 oz. Its the kind most gold gets stored in by the RCM and other large gold holders use anyway.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Return to Guides/Articles/Blogs Written By Realcent Members