Extreme Penny Sorting Blog

The Education Area. By request, this forum is for posting and discussing articles written by realcent members on forum related topics.

Authors should start a new thread for each article, blog post, or how to guide. All Members are encouraged to comment on and discuss the posted piece.

Extreme Penny Sorting Blog

Postby crazypennyguy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Otherwise known as extreme roll-searching. By hand.

I've stepped up to the challenge of hand-sorting 10,000 rolls of pennies. Although the focus of the blog is on numismatics, I will be keeping statistics that I'll post every now and then. If you want to find out what the penny situation is in Toronto, my blog will spell it out. The rolls I've got aren't bank rolls; I had to buy them from a coin-sorting company (and I temporarily cleaned them out.) I heard there are lots of Americans in the mix now, so I should end up with a good stash of pre-'82s. And maybe some Wheaties if I'm lucky.

Regardless of what you think of my sanity, it'll be a blast. It'll also be informative, too.
I did it. I've been crazy enough to sort through 10,000 rolls of pennies. Almost makes you think, "some people will do anything to build up a coin collection."
crazypennyguy
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Extreme Penny Sorting Blog

Postby PennyBoy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:25 am

Good luck!!!
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Re: Extreme Penny Sorting Blog

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:54 am

A great read. What is your day job. :D The work you are putting in to this would be full time work for me.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Guides/Articles/Blogs Written By Realcent Members