Why Collect Copper Bullion

The Education Area. By request, this forum is for posting and discussing articles written by realcent members on forum related topics.

Authors should start a new thread for each article, blog post, or how to guide. All Members are encouraged to comment on and discuss the posted piece.

Why Collect Copper Bullion

Postby JadeDragon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:21 am

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: Why Collect Copper Bullion

Postby OldPeddler » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Really hording copper just doesn't make much since. 1st the price of the collectable types is way over priced. 2nd you have a mean full amount one would need a forklift to move it around. I will stick with GOLD and SILVER, and the silver is getting too heavy.
OldPeddler
Penny Pincher Member

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Welcome to the forum OldPeddler. You will find that many of us like to collect copper - especially in penny form.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby OldPeddler » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:14 pm

That is the way to collect copper. I have a bucket 1/3 full myself. Is left over from when I was a youngster.
I haven't realy looked in it for over 10 years I just through a wheat into it when I come across one.
As I grew older I got intrested in more expensive stuff.
I have thought about selling them every time I move it. It weighs about 20 Lbs.
I just I haven't figerd should I sell them by the pound or buy the roll. They would ship better if rolled.
It would take more time to roll them. I would have to count them.
Some day I will make up my mind.
OldPeddler
Penny Pincher Member

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:15 pm

I generally sell by the pound when I sell. Double bagged in heavy duty ziplock freezer bags works well.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Return to Guides/Articles/Blogs Written By Realcent Members