New Donald Trump Stock (Symbol: DJT)

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

New Donald Trump Stock (Symbol: DJT)

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 pm

I want to say something about a stock without getting into a heated political debate. There was a new Donald Trump stock called Trump Media & Technology which began trading this past Tuesday, the 26th. This was symbol DJT- his initials.

For a very brief time (perhaps the first 10-60 minutes that very first day), a very nimble trader could have potentially done very well flipping that stock during that brief timeframe. Why? I think everyone wanted to know how high it would naturally go before hitting resistance. So, my opinion is that hedge funds who want almost everything to go down in price, were told to sit on their hands early Tuesday and wait for the right moment to pounce.

I placed a trade with my broker as their system wouldn't allow me to use the symbol DJT. A broker had to place a special order himself to get it filled because of the newness of the symbol. Surprisingly, my buy order and the immediate sell order I placed were BOTH filled before the market even opened that day.

In just six minutes before the market even opened my net profit on 500 shares of DJT was $2,343.15. That's close to $400/minute and I had very little fear of losing on the trade. On a similar trade recently where I made $333/minute in a 3-minute trade, I calculated that it was roughly the equivalent of $40 million per year. So Lebron James and Steph Curry could have looked at me as one of their peers for at least a few minutes.

I love those types of trades, but still think Trump needs to turn a new leaf and learn some basic manners.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: New Donald Trump Stock (Symbol: DJT)

Postby ScrapMetal » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:52 am

I own his prior stock, Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC) when it first came out (forgot the date). I guess it has now merged with DJT. I don't pay much attention to it but I believe if you would have purchased DWAC prior to DJT going public, you would have made a killing.

but still think Trump needs to turn a new leaf and learn some basic manners.
That is why his followers love him. When he talks, it is generally from the heart and mostly true.
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About