Paranoia About Total Solar Eclipse

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Paranoia About Total Solar Eclipse

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:17 pm

Is it just me or does there seem to be some pre-programming about the coming total solar eclipse?

Isn't this the 21st Century? Don't we all know that the sun is going to be obscured by the moon for a few minutes?

Where I live they are letting kids out of school early and making other preparations.

Didn't we have a total eclipse a few years back, maybe 2017?

What am I missing?

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ar-eclipse
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Paranoia About Total Solar Eclipse

Postby Corsair » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:57 pm

Can you tell me what's paranoid about letting impressionable school-aged children experience a once-in-a-decade natural phenomenon?

And if it's the Canadian "State of Emergency" that's pre-programming, is that not just logistical preparation for potentially a million visitors to a town of 100,000?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:11 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:Is it just me or does there seem to be some pre-programming about the coming total solar eclipse?

Isn't this the 21st Century? Don't we all know that the sun is going to be obscured by the moon for a few minutes?

Where I live they are letting kids out of school early and making other preparations.

Didn't we have a total eclipse a few years back, maybe 2017?

What am I missing?

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ar-eclipse

This is post 2020 life now. If Taylor Swift announced she was going to join a convent, the news would be non-stop about what does this mean about the future.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverflake » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:43 pm

Our schools here in Roanoke Virginia are letting out kids out early not for a once in a lifetime chance to view the eclipse but for "safety reasons". Is the sky falling? I would hope science classes here are at least educating and getting kids excited and informed rather than scared.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:09 am

What silverflake said. Rochester NY has alerted emergency preparedness teams.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:35 am

silverflake wrote:Our schools here in Roanoke Virginia are letting out kids out early not for a once in a lifetime chance to view the eclipse but for "safety reasons". Is the sky falling? I would hope science classes here are at least educating and getting kids excited and informed rather than scared.

With today's overly litigious society, I wouldn't be surprised if the "safety" reason is knowing that at least one kid will likely stare directly at the sun. No school = no liability.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby bankmining » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:40 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BeDc8Zo5At4

Story about prisoner’s rights during the eclipse :lol:
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Silver4face » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:54 am

Banks are closing early for the eclipse. If you are buying Rolls or dumping coin, you will have to do so in the morning or wait till Tuesday.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

San Antonio has the PGA's Valero Golf Tournament starting Thursday thru Sunday, the 7th. There is also a Thunderbirds air show on the 6&7th. The eclipse is on the 8th. Because golf and planes and a hiding sun will bring a bunch of people to town, the city is telling residents to fill their gas tanks early. Oh, are we going somewhere?I'm just gonna hunker down and wait for the giant meteor to strike while we're distracted with a few minutes of darkness.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:19 am

Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About