Multiple G5 solar flares

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Multiple G5 solar flares

Postby 68Camaro » Sat May 11, 2024 11:06 am

A major solar event is underway with multiple Major Corona Mass Ejections (CMEs), so far none predicted to be EMP type planet killers, but there have already been network disruptions and the largest arrives later this afternoon. This is why prepping exists. Be ready.

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/aler ... d-warnings
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Multiple G5 solar flares

Postby shinnosuke » Sat May 11, 2024 4:42 pm

(From inside my Faraday mansion buried 100 feet below solid granite) still ok here. Seriously, given our reliance on microchips, every day without a severe event is a blessing.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sun May 12, 2024 5:23 am

your early warning system could use a tune up.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Sun May 12, 2024 10:18 am

I have a gas grill and a shotgun. We're good, lol
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun May 12, 2024 11:51 am

The max x-ray intensity noted so far has only been about X6. The 2003 event on the opposite side of the world that did some grid damage was estimated to be x40. The 1859 Carrington event is estimated to have been X50+.

So far we've dodged a bullet. A couple years ago a Carrington sized flare just missed the earth. It's only a matter of time. Hopefully not during my remaining years though.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue May 14, 2024 7:20 pm

Caught the northern lights on Sunday, Mothers Day, while hiking in VT. Heard they were active but thought I missed the prime window to see them. They were like some old Star Trek type special effects appearance. Along with seeing them, I saw what I think are the Musk Starlink satellites circling too, in the background. Saw a new satellite going by about every 25 second or so. Figured it had to be the Starlink system I've heard about.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About