New Feedback System!

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

New Feedback System!

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:51 pm

We now have an official feedback system for Realcent transactions!

You can access the system by clicking the "Feedback" link in the upper right corner of any page (next to "FAQ"). You can click on any member's feedback rating (under their avatar) to access their feedback profile, and if you are logged in, you can click on "My Feedback" next to the link to the User Control Panel at the top of any page to access your own profile.

The system is pretty self-explanatory. You can leave positive, neutral, or negative feedback for other members. One point that may be confusing is what to select for "Role" when leaving feedback; you select the role of the user you are leaving feedback for, NOT the role you played in the transaction (unless of course the transaction was a trade, in which case both users select the same role).

Please take a moment to read the official feedback rules before you start using the new system. The rules are posted here and quoted for convenience:

Feedback Rules

1) Feedback may be left starting with transactions originating on January 1, 2012, and all transactions thereafter. Please do not leave feedback for any transactions that occurred before January 1, 2012. Although many have been actively buying and selling here for several years, it is necessary to draw a line in the sand to keep the system consistent and organized.

2) Feedback should be left for transactions originating in the Realcent Market Area, the monthly Kitchen Sink Auctions, and deals made through private messages here at Realcent. Feedback should not be left at Realcent for transactions occurring through other websites, other auction sites, other discussion boards, etc.

3) Leave one feedback per transaction, not necessarily one feedback per item. For example, if you win five auctions from one seller, and conduct one combined transaction for all five items, leave only one feedback for that transaction.

4) When leaving feedback, you select the role (Buyer, Seller, Trade) of the member you are leaving feedback for, not the role you played in the transaction. This way each member's profile will show comments corresponding to the role said member played in the transaction, the same way eBay lists "buyer" or "seller" next to each comment.

5) Once posted, feedback cannot be edited or deleted. If you made a mistake, please contact an administrator for assistance.

6) Retaliatory feedback and feedback extortion will not be tolerated. Leave honest feedback for all transactions. Feedback padding will not be tolerated. Do not leave feedback unless you actually participated in a transaction. Contact an administrator with any problems or questions.

7) As always, all transactions conducted through or initiated at Realcent are private matters between the members involved. Realcent.org and its management, including administrators and moderators, are not responsible for any transactions that occur here, and are not liable for any losses, direct or indirect, financial or otherwise, that may result from using the message board, private message system, email, or any other communication method facilitated by the site. All transactions are conducted at your own risk. By joining the forum, you acknowledge and agree to these terms.

This system replaces the existing feedback thread area. Those threads will be left in place for now, but that forum will be locked to encourage members to use the new system.

If you have any questions, or run into any problems, please post them here.

What do you think? :D
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Re: New Feedback System!

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:21 pm

ThePowersThatBe wrote:What do you think? :D [/size]

Very nice! In my brief time at BS that is the one thing they have that I liked that RC didn't have. I had thought of mentioning that to you, but looks like it was obvious enough that I didn't need to. :) The only shortcoming with their feedback system (now ours) (and which I don't know if you can change) is that it is easy to see what feedback someone has, but NOT easy to see what feedback you've provided to others. If there was any way to add that to the feature, would be a nice bonus to both sites.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Please note that the default selection is currently "Neutral." I have already been asked to edit several feedbacks that were accidentally left as neutral. I will try to change the default selection to positive.

68Camaro wrote:
ThePowersThatBe wrote:What do you think? :D [/size]

Very nice! In my brief time at BS that is the one thing they have that I liked that RC didn't have. I had thought of mentioning that to you, but looks like it was obvious enough that I didn't need to. :) The only shortcoming with their feedback system (now ours) (and which I don't know if you can change) is that it is easy to see what feedback someone has, but NOT easy to see what feedback you've provided to others. If there was any way to add that to the feature, would be a nice bonus to both sites.

Nothing built into the system for that, sorry.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby NDFarmer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:42 am

Is there anyway to transfer existing positive feedback to the new system or are we all starting from scratch and going forward from here?
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:47 am

I've noticed a fair amount of confusion about what tag to tick when leaving feedback, buyer or seller. This on BS as well. Many transactions that I know were purchases have feedback as seller, and likewise some that I know were sellers have left feedback as buyer. I think this has to do with the setup of the input box, which is titled "leave feedback for xxx", and then under that as the first row are the choices buyer, seller, trade, so it leaves people a little confused as to if xxx is the buyer, or if the feedback leaver is the buyer, etc.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:24 am

NDFarmer wrote:Is there anyway to transfer existing positive feedback to the new system or are we all starting from scratch and going forward from here?

The existing feedback threads keep track (loosely) of members, not transactions. Sometimes people leave comments, often times not. There is no good way to translate that into transaction-based feedback comments in the new system. Even if there were, it would be an entirely manual process. There are 208 threads with 2289 posts in the existing feedback area...

The existing feedback threads will be left in place for the time being. The new system doesn't erase your reputation...it's not like everybody will suddenly forget who you are...but it gives us a way to quantify feedback going forward.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby avidbrandy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:33 am

http://www.realcent.org wrote:You cannot insert a feedback to yourself

Darn.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby frugi » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:58 pm

what does the best/worst feedback user part mean?
that part is kind of an improper label. the way I interpret it.
if anyone is the worst user it is the 1000+ members who haven't
given it a go, and left a feedback. just wondering, because I didn't understand.
was hoping someone would set me straight., and was wondering if it could be changed to
just "users". Also, I want to say I love the new feedback system, IT ROCKS!
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:45 pm

frugi wrote:what does the best/worst feedback user part mean?
that part is kind of an improper label. the way I interpret it.
if anyone is the worst user it is the 1000+ members who haven't
given it a go, and left a feedback. just wondering, because I didn't understand.
was hoping someone would set me straight., and was wondering if it could be changed to
just "users". Also, I want to say I love the new feedback system, IT ROCKS!

It seems to sort Best Users from most positive feedbacks on down, and Users with Feedback from lowest up for the Worst List. No feedback people don't show at all. If/when we get some members with net negative feedback this will be a useful feature as it will highlight them. Right now it is a pretty useless feature we can
t get ride of.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:29 pm

I agree, however there is no way to disable the "Worst Users" thing built into the module. I will try to comment it out in the actual code...
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby coincrazy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:38 am

I code php full time daily. If you'd like me to take a look at the module to make some text changes I could make it happen.
coincrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby coincrazy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:06 pm

I just left my first feedback and I think the Role needs some additional text. Also might be nice to have a link to the rules on the feedback pages.
coincrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby uthminsta » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:02 pm

ThePowersThatBe wrote:I agree, however there is no way to disable the "Worst Users" thing built into the module. I will try to comment it out in the actual code...

Perhaps the FEEDBACK link could go directly to THIS page:
feedback.php?mode=best

Although, OVER TIME, the worst users list will become more useful than it is now.
uthminsta

Postby nubktobk » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:30 am

68Camaro wrote:I've noticed a fair amount of confusion about what tag to tick when leaving feedback, buyer or seller. This on BS as well. Many transactions that I know were purchases have feedback as seller, and likewise some that I know were sellers have left feedback as buyer. I think this has to do with the setup of the input box, which is titled "leave feedback for xxx", and then under that as the first row are the choices buyer, seller, trade, so it leaves people a little confused as to if xxx is the buyer, or if the feedback leaver is the buyer, etc.

As a long time member of BS with over 250 FB's I agree we have confusion with the roles of each person in a deal. I suggest adding to them "I am the seller" or I am the buyer". This takes away all confusion.
nubktobk

Postby Elcid69 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:57 am

If nobody has visited these sites in 3 -6 months why are they still taking up space? Pls PM to explain
I want to buy " War Nickel's & Steel Pennies"
Elcid69
Penny Collector Member

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts