Realcent Dealer Directory

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

Realcent Dealer Directory

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:17 pm

This is another feature I have been working on. I figure this post will serve as a sort of "soft opening" to get some feedback and work out any bugs before I add a new menu bar with a permanent link to the top of the forum.

http://www.realcent.org/dealers

This new section of the website will allow Realcent members (with more than 10 posts) to rate and review coin and bullion dealers and products. If you want to add a review, make sure you are logged into the forum before you go to the dealer directory section, and your session should carry over. Logging in over on the directory side seems to be hit and miss (may depend on cookie settings). I am also aware that some of the navigation links (sort by letters/numbers at the top of category pages) don't work. So I still have some work to do, but I wanted to open this up awhile for comments and suggestions and so people can starting rating/reviewing and adding some substance to the directory.

Only I can add new dealers to the directory, so send me a PM or post here if there is a dealer you would like to have added. Any registered member with more than 10 posts can upload new products to any of the product categories. Manufacturers are welcome to upload their own products but I would ask that they do not review their own products. Your username is shown with your review so that really shouldn't be an issue.

Have at it, go explore, then come back here to let me know what you think.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Re: Realcent Dealer Directory

Postby TXBullion » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:26 pm

:thumbup:

Awesome great potential
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Engineer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:26 am

I added a couple reviews to get you started, and can already see where having a "helpful review" button would be a benefit. Having something like that would balance out the overly negative and positive reviews.

It's an added layer of difficulty, but it would help to provide a better gauge of sentiment from those who aren't willing to write a review of their own.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby PennyPauper » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:57 am

Great idea.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:45 am

Nice!
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Engineer wrote:I added a couple reviews to get you started, and can already see where having a "helpful review" button would be a benefit. Having something like that would balance out the overly negative and positive reviews.

It's an added layer of difficulty, but it would help to provide a better gauge of sentiment from those who aren't willing to write a review of their own.

Agreed, that would be a nice feature. I'll see what we can do once we get the other kinks worked out.

Surely most members here have ordered from at least one of the dealers listed. Let's get some more reviews posted!

Also let me know if there are more dealers to add. I know several members here own LCS's, send me your info and I'll add a listing.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts