Email notices have stopped?

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

Email notices have stopped?

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:08 am

For some time (weeks? - I've lost track) I haven't received any email notices of either thread postings which I'm subscribed to, or PMs in my inbox. Am I the only one, or has this function stopped working?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Email notices have stopped?

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:21 am

Well, ironically, to reply to myself on this, I just checked spam again (which I clean out multiple times a day), and found the first email notification on a topic reply that I've rec'd since 12/30, which is approximately when the notifications to me stopped. So maybe it is working again? Dunno.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:28 pm

Email providers sometimes decide that our notification emails are spam and put our email server on a spam list. Sometimes that means they don't even send the messages to your spam folder for you to decide. Instead they just plain don't deliver the email. Nothing in your spam folder, no bounce back to let us know that they are blocking the email, it just disappears into the void. The block might last a week, it might last a month. It might happen once in three years, or it might happen back to back to back. Microsoft/Hotmail/Live/Outlook has been the biggest offender in the past. I think Gmail has done it some too.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:25 pm

Huh - well that sucks... I might have to change emails to see if the other one gets them.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:32 pm

Changed my email to a different one, different provider - we'll see what happens.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:34 pm

68Camaro wrote:Changed my email to a different one, different provider - we'll see what happens.

At least I got the account changed email from RC at the new address...
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:46 pm

And it seems to be working on the new email - oh well, motivation to move that email anyway. Thanks for the help - had no idea they were blowing away good emails - in the meantime you should see the crap they deliver to my spam folder every day. (Of course everyone get them, just venting)
68Camaro

Postby highroller4321 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:47 pm

Hotmail has blocked mine for a couple years now :(
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts