10 Gram Silver Bars

10 Gram Silver Bars

Postby Verbane » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Looks like the next fad movement on ebay shipping from China. I looked at 18 of these this morning, but the guy wouldn't let me open the air-tight to test. I basically told him I thought they were fake and didn't buy them. Anyone have the opportunity to test bars like this yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Grams-999-Fine-Silver-Bar-George-Washington-SSB077-/290926622007?pt=US_Bullion_Bars_Rounds&hash=item43bc93f537&autorefresh=true#ht_3233wt_1191
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Re: 10 Gram Silver Bars

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:50 pm

They probably are fake.
George Washington bars produced by China. :thumbdown:
I need to go chop down some cherry trees.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Z00 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:37 pm

That seller and one with the handle: tomsmith196012, are the same people.

I bought the 10 1gram bars from each of them and the shipping and packaging are identical.

Sent 1 of them to a member here for testing. The acid test was ok and it was cut in half and scratch tested. That said it may be that the 1 gram is ok but not the 10 gram. Buy one and have it tested. Inquiring minds want to know.

They do have a lot of positive feedback. Someone must have done some testing out of the total.

Both of the shipments came from:

sun hua zheng
10# hangshen Rd., pingyao Yu hang district
Hang zhou ZHEJIAN
CHINA 311115

phone 15657199589
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mflugher » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:54 am

If you want to give it a try, I'll be happy to test anything people want to send me with SASE, pm for address. Have acids and access to XRF if acids inconclusive.

Generally would cut bar in half with bolt cutters and test inside, so know that your bar will be looking worse for the wear after tests are complete :D
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Return to Counterfeit Detection & Discussion