Silver Shield Fakes

Silver Shield Fakes

Postby beauanderos » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:37 am

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Silver Shield Fakes

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:53 am

For some reason I had trouble getting the links to take me to a specific product. One did, on one try. Before and after that, no.

But your point is well taken. I look at those related pages and it makes me ill.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:31 am

I just thought of an unintended consequence of the fakes. I never considered this before, and I'm sure it will have little impact as a 100 mil coating is perhaps an infinitesmal
amount in the big picture... but even these fakes, produced as they probably are in the tens of thousands (or more) will add incrementally to the gradual decimation of the
above ground silver stocks. As silver gets "lost" under most applications, here as well exists another. Who would ever attempt to recycle the iota of silver present in each round?
Maybe if the authorities (right) were to melt them en masse... but that will never happen. :roll:
beauanderos

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:10 am

More and more, I realize just how important the work is that Nate has done with FakeBullion.com, and how indebted we are for it.

With the volume that some dealers do, I wonder how many fakes are creeping into the stockpiles of even places like Apmex. When you have an employee receiving/sorting potentially 1,000+ rounds/bars a day, it isn’t unimaginable that a few counterfeits (even not particularly well-made ones) may sneak in.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:21 am

Doctor Steuss wrote:More and more, I realize just how important the work is that Nate has done with FakeBullion.com, and how indebted we are for it.

With the volume that some dealers do, I wonder how many fakes are creeping into the stockpiles of even places like Apmex. When you have an employee receiving/sorting potentially 1,000+ rounds/bars a day, it isn’t unimaginable that a few counterfeits (even not particularly well-made ones) may sneak in.

I've made it a point in the last few years of ordering mint direct, places like Golden State Mint. Now they're counterfeiting those!! :x
beauanderos

Return to Counterfeit Detection & Discussion