2nd time for us. Just missed a bank robber.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

2nd time for us. Just missed a bank robber.

Postby henrysmedford » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Today we were at this chase bank about a hour before it was robbed. Last year it was a few minutes after we left see http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4217&hilit=+bank+robber

bilde.jpg
bilde.jpg (5.03 KiB) Viewed 775 times

UPDATED: Police investigating robbery at Chase bank on Stewart

April 02, 2012 4:45 PM
Medford police are searching for a man they believed robbed the Chase bank at 81 E. Stewart Ave. in Medford just after 3 p.m. today.

Police responded to a call at 3:09 p.m. that a man had entered the bank, and informed a teller he was robbing the branch, Medford police Lt. Mike Budreau said.

The man had no weapon, and left the bank on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash, according to Budreau.

Budreau described the man as 6 feet 3 inches tall and slender, with a beard. He was last seen wearing a hat with ear flaps and an orange band, aviator sunglasses, a dark jacket, khaki pants and dark shoes.

Police are unsure of the man's race or age, but believe he could be white or Indian and between 20 and 40 years old.

After leaving the bank, the man was last see crossing Stewart Avenue towards Fred Meyer, and may have had a getaway vehicle, though police had no vehicle description.

Budreau said that after watching the surveillance video from the bank, he believes the robbery is similar to a robbery at Bank of America in Ashland on March 9.

The suspect in the Ashland robbery was described as 6 feet 2 inches tall, and was also seen wearing a hat with earflaps.

Updated description and photo at 5:11 p.m.

— Teresa Ristow
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: 2nd time for us. Just missed a bank robber.

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:00 pm

About 3 weeks ago, I just missed a robber at a TD bank. No weapon either, but he got away with a subtantial amount of cash.

Now I understand why everyone looked worried when I entered the bank with my sunglasses on today. Most of the banks I frequent now have a sign on the door saying: "No hats, sunglasses, hoodies allowed to be worn while in this bank".
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby twentybux » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah, I noticed alot of those signs on the bank doors recently. Who would have thought that this hobby would have such hazards. Glad the Good Lord was watching you guys today Joe. It's sad but we must not only be cognizant of the $ we are carrying in and out of these institutions but also the individuals around you during your trips. Be safe everyone.
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby thedrifter » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 pm

twentybux wrote:Yeah, I noticed alot of those signs on the bank doors recently. Who would have thought that this hobby would have such hazards. Glad the Good Lord was watching you guys today Joe. It's sad but we must not only be cognizant of the $ we are carrying in and out of these institutions but also the individuals around you during your trips. Be safe everyone.

If someone wants to take my ammo can of change from me I'll just drop it on there feet. :lol:
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 pm

thedrifter wrote:If someone wants to take my ammo can of change from me I'll just drop it on there feet. :lol:

You could just feed them the ammo one round at a time!
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cent1225 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:09 pm

It is hard to mistake you for a robber when you are walking into the bank carrying two bags of pennies to be dumped. :lol:
Haven't heard of any robbers trying to make a deposit!
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Postby John_doe » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:13 pm

he has a guilty look on his face.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Cent1225 wrote:It is hard to mistake you for a robber when you are walking into the bank carrying two bags of pennies to be dumped. :lol:

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Chief » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:30 pm

henrysmedford wrote:
Cent1225 wrote:It is hard to mistake you for a robber when you are walking into the bank carrying two bags of pennies to be dumped. :lol:

I've got a canvas bag that I use for dumps with a $ on it too!! I didn't put it on there though. :)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jacer333 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:49 pm

henrysmedford wrote:

This looks like a perfect match to the photo taken of the suspect in the bank...good try on covering up your heist though. Might want to lay low for awhile :o
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Numis Pam » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:42 am

twentybux wrote:Yeah, I noticed alot of those signs on the bank doors recently. Who would have thought that this hobby would have such hazards. Glad the Good Lord was watching you guys today Joe. It's sad but we must not only be cognizant of the $ we are carrying in and out of these institutions but also the individuals around you during your trips. Be safe everyone.

+1 to 'Be safe everyone' It has always been a concern of mine too as we carry $ to and from places.. :!:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby baggerman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:34 am

I ride a motorcycle year round here in Oregon and walked into a bank one day with a helmet and face mask on without even thinking about it. When I saw the entire bank freeze and the looks on the tellers faces I began peeling off gear as fast as I could. :lol:
baggerman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:42 am

Conceal carry and open carry laws save lives and prevent crime
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:47 am

henrysmedford wrote:

Nice disguise but lose the obvious fake mustache, it's a dead giveaway. :D
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 pm

henrysmedford wrote:

Add a pair of sunglasses and the SWAT team is on the way.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:11 pm

stonewallrabbitry wrote:Conceal carry and open carry laws save lives and prevent crime

I missed an armed robbery at a local credit union by one day exactly. When I was in there, I was armed. I have thought about it a lot, what I would have done, but I just can't say. Too many variables. I would have to intervene if I thought someone was in true danger of getting shot, but if it's a "clean" robbery and it looks like he is not out to hurt anyone, it could be worse to pull out a gun because then someone is a lot more likely get killed. Don't want to make the situation worse than it already is. Tough call.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Too funny Joe....keep this up and people will start to talk. You must be the guy that comes in and cases the bank!

On another note.....when I walk out of the bank....like your picture...carrying a couple of canvas bags.....I walk slowly to my truck. I know to some locals I may look like a bank robber.
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:41 pm

henrysmedford wrote:

Are you on your way to the White House of the Senate Floor with that getup?
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:59 pm

NHsorter wrote:
stonewallrabbitry wrote:Conceal carry and open carry laws save lives and prevent crime

I missed an armed robbery at a local credit union by one day exactly. When I was in there, I was armed. I have thought about it a lot, what I would have done, but I just can't say. Too many variables. I would have to intervene if I thought someone was in true danger of getting shot, but if it's a "clean" robbery and it looks like he is not out to hurt anyone, it could be worse to pull out a gun because then someone is a lot more likely get killed. Don't want to make the situation worse than it already is. Tough call.

It is a hard call that everyone that carries has to make on their own, I have truggled with this for many years and might still not decide unless the time comes.I carry to protect myself and family, not the banks money, why should I put my self at legal risk by fireing a round to protect money? On the other hand what if he suddenly shoots someone with no warning? What if he leaves the bank and then goes to rape and kill some woman and that would have been prevented if you would have stopped him? These are just some of the many things that we (firearm carriers) have to think about and take responsabilty for that most other people never have to think about
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Postby penny pretty » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:37 pm

henry, that mugshot in your post is a PERFECT likeness!! How many pennies did ya get? :D
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:43 pm

NHsorter wrote:

If you're white and the robber is a black guy...don't even think about drawing your weapon.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby hobo finds » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 pm

For sure if he is wearing a hoodie!
hobo finds

Postby Thogey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:47 pm

You're better off blowing your own brains out and avoiding the hasssle!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby NHsorter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:14 am

Thogey wrote:You're better off blowing your own brains out and avoiding the hasssle!

Most of our bank robbers up here are skinny young white guys so I should be safe from Al Sharpton, Obummer, and MSNBC. They all do seem to have hoodies though, damn. I can say that I would almost certainly not pull my weapon just to protect the banks money. It would be to protect the innocent if I thought someone was in real danger. Most of what we see up here are just guys walking in, handing over a note, and running out. I would probably miss the whole thing as I am jamming pennies into the coin counter.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:43 pm

we are ALL bank robbers, right? Taking the REAL cents and leaving the rest!!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Next

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing