Handsorting in New Orleans

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Handsorting in New Orleans

Postby Coppercrazy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:45 pm

:shock:On my first time sorting I found a dime in a penny roll end it still had fifty pennies because the dime was stuck to the penny.
My son Gavin wrote that first part.Me and my son have got the copper bug now.We handsort 10 to 20 dollars in rolls a week now,and coppers are averaging about 25%. Its great to have an 8 year old sorter because hes fast and his eyes are good! I let Gavin keep the wheats for his coin collection.We havent gottten a box yet,But Im thinking about taking the plunge this week! I enjoy reading the posts on the site-we'll post any major finds... :geek:
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Handsorting in New Orleans

Postby Country » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:59 pm

WELCOME!!!

You'll get the COPPER fever real soon.... :)
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby aloneibreak » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:59 pm

welcome to the forum !

take the plunge and get a box - you'll wonder why you waited !

glad to see parent and son spending time together
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 pm

I have a fourteen year old with autism. And we started out small and now look at about $200 a week. And you can find all kinds of fun things in a roll.

Row 1 Left to Right Blank, Ecuador,Bahamas,Bahamas,2 Euro
Row 2 , 2 Euro ,2 Euro,Panama,Canada,Canada
Row 3, 1944 silver Netherland 25 cent :D ,Philippines, Counter stamped ND Lincoln , odd color Lincoln,1943 Ceylon
Row 4 1967 Swiss,Australia, Panama, 2 Euro , Blank
Row 5 1967 Canada,Lincoln that was being made into ring ?, Panama, Plastic Toy Lincoln, 1907 IH,
Row 6 Philadelphia mint token,Plastic Toy Lincoln,1977 Bermuda,2 Euro,1970 Bermuda
Last edited by henrysmedford on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Joogaler » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:22 am

I started the same way, then moved on to a box, then moved on to a couple boxes. Now I'm up to around 16-24 boxes a week! If I go a couple days without sorting then I'm not a happy camper. :x

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby newton7 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:10 am

My son is 7 and is always willing to open rolls, pull the Canadains, and load and run the Ryedale. It has really turned out to be a great father son activity. We haven't found as many different coins as above but he enjoys finding new and different coins. Hopefully he will catch the copper/coin bug and be a collector some day. He has already claimed a box of shield pennies as his own. Yea! ;)
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Does anyone know what the cent with the starfish looking thing on it is? I found one the other day.
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:21 pm

I think it has the name of the country on it. If I remember right, it is Bahamas. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:23 pm

AdamsSamoa wrote:Does anyone know what the cent with the starfish looking thing on it is? I found one the other day.

For info on it see http://www.centralbankbahamas.com/bank_coins.php
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Roadrunner » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:00 pm

nice bunch of pictures there, henrysmedford!

I've found almost all of those.
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jasmatk » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:09 pm

henrysmedford wrote:I have a fourteen year old with autism. And we started out small and now look at about $200 a week. And you can find all kinds of fun things in a roll.

Row 1 Left to Right Blank, Ecuador,Bahamas,Bahamas,2 Euro
Row 2 , 2 Euro ,2 Euro,Panama,Canada,Canada
Row 3, 1944 silver Netherland 25 cent :D ,Philippines, Counter stamped ND Lincoln , odd color Lincoln,1943 Ceylon
Row 4 1967 Swiss,Australia, Panama, 2 Euro , Blank
Row 5 1967 Canada,Lincoln that was being made into ring ?, Panama, Plastic Toy Lincoln, 1907 IH,
Row 6 Philadelphia mint token,Plastic Toy Lincoln,1977 Bermuda,2 Euro,1970 Bermuda

gotta love those bermuda pig cents thats the 1st foreign cent i ever found and i got a sweet spot for them imo they are cool,i found a 1970 odd color lincoln(looks brass) and i think that happens from heat someone heats the coins and they discolor,got most of the other foreign cents but ive never found a plastic or a mint token
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby thesilvertiger » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:49 pm

Coppercrazy wrote::shock:On my first time sorting I found a dime in a penny roll end it still had fifty pennies because the dime was stuck to the penny.
My son Gavin wrote that first part.Me and my son have got the copper bug now.We handsort 10 to 20 dollars in rolls a week now,and coppers are averaging about 25%. Its great to have an 8 year old sorter because hes fast and his eyes are good! I let Gavin keep the wheats for his coin collection.We havent gottten a box yet,But Im thinking about taking the plunge this week! I enjoy reading the posts on the site-we'll post any major finds... :geek:

It is awesome to see another Louisiana member here. I'm in Baton Rouge and I also hand sort my copper stash. Welcome aboard. This forum is really just a great atmosphere to learn in and everyone is so helpful.
thesilvertiger
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing