Last Night's Two Boxes!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Last Night's Two Boxes!

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Did a Brinks Box and a String Box last night at work. Was a very slow night......slow! Anyway, the Brinks rolls were about average as of lately. I would guess low to mid 20% copper. 10 wheat...but a 1909! As a started on the String box I noticed big numbers of coppers...shiny coppers....shiny old coppers. These were just added to piles I already had going from the brinks sort. Some rolls had only 2-3 zincs in there. Some rolls had 2-3 coppers, too! But, to my enjoyment as a handsorter, just sorting these shiny coppers was actually fun. I started to think that either some youngster or maybe an angry misses hit the dumpbank with somebody's copper hoard. I would guess that the string box was close to 50% copper. I got it from a Chase branch. Damn, I need to get an account there! I also got the average wheat haul of 19. Had some canadians in there too. A 1947 king. I've gone a couple of months inbetween kings and now in the last three weeks....got three! I guess some of my recent sorts have been boring and it was good to get some excitement. To all of my handsorting brothers and sisters out there.....may your copper percentages go up, the wheats start multiplying, and no lines at the coin counter!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing