Metal hoarders playing a dangerous game

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Metal hoarders playing a dangerous game

Postby appjoe » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:24 pm

appjoe
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Metal hoarders playing a dangerous game

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Love it. Maybe copper is getting the respect it should have had all along. They are correct CU is vital to any development and growth unlike AG and AU. Once CU is recognized as a store of wealth the game is on.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fb101 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Someone prepping for the copper ETFs rolling out.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pennypicker » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Signs seem to be pointing upwards for copper. :D :D
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby rickygee » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Soon landfills will be sold as Reclamation Mines. No, I'm not joking.
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Postby wackzingo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:20 am

After thousands of years of world history what makes you think things will change? What makes you think copper demand will remain constant in the long term? In other words, it's primary demand has come from industrial use for such things a copper piping and wires. Things are increasingly becoming wireless which almost eliminates the need for copper. MIT has even been experimenting with wireless electricity and was able to power a 100 watt light bulb from 10ft away (if my memory is correct). How about copper tubing for water? Well an increasingly popular and cheaper alternative to copper is Pex Tubing which some contractors in my area refuse to use copper anymore. I still thing copper will rise, but I think it's insane to think it will ever even come close to the rarity of Gold and Silver.
wackzingo

Postby ccjoe » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:51 am

I just bet almost 50K you're wrong.
Copper coins were used for the first time in 8000 B.C.
The Bronze Age began in 3500 B.C.when tin conglomerated with copper to create bronze.
China produces 38% of the world's copper and is hoarding it for themselves.
CU mines take an inordinate amount of time to begin operations.
AND I only paid 13 bucks a kilo for my tons of BEAUTIFUL bars. I can't stop looking at them and feeling them such is their smoothness and magnificent.
My silver is great but these copper bars are beyond my wildest dreams.
ccjoe

Postby ccjoe » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:54 am

FYI
Au--45K a kilo
Ag--- 1K a kilo
Cu--13 bucks a kilo
Ag/Cu ratio 126/1
Any questions to my rationale???????
AND of course the PSYCHOLOGY which will make CU the hit of xmas 2011 when silver is 50 oz, gold is 2000 oz and Cu is 50-100 lb!
ccjoe

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:27 am

Will copper be like gold or silver...I doubt it but......

China Can Use More Copper Than World Has

Copper is at the heart of the development. China’s consumption of the metal has tripled in a decade to an estimated 6.8 million tons this year...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-0 ... stove.html
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:05 am

What is telling about China and their un-met demands is they are now actively going outside of their country and buying up mining assets to supply their demand. CU will never be what AU and AG are but it does play a vital role in the developing industrial landscape.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ccjoe » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:36 am

When gold hits 2000, and silver 100 next year, how can everyone esp in China NOT buy copper?
Strange how people here think it won't happen. IT WILL! http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20101209/ ... 18940.html
Isn't anyone here following what's going on?
ccjoe

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing