WTS copper cents- current market prices?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

WTS copper cents- current market prices?

Postby Economist » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:58 pm

I've accumulated around $100 FV of copper cents that I'd like to liquidate... if I can get a good price.

Recent eBay action has copper cents averaging 1.74 cents each (in 5,000 coin lots). After fees, I figure the net at 1.52 cents per coin.

I'd like to sell somewhere in this range; can I get that on this forum? I realize that the vast majority of people here, if they're interested in copper, are also sorting for their own accounts. But at a melt of 2.7 cents, this range is still attractive, no?

Also, what's the standard lot size here? 7,500 coins in a well-packed medium flat rate? Can 10,000 coins fit into a large flat rate?

Sorry for all the basic questions--it's been awhile since I've sold copper, and I'm desperate to avoid feebay!

BTW- perhaps this forum could develop a "spot" market for standardized lots of copper cents? I.e. a page where people buyers can enter bids and sellers can enter asks on a standardized lot (e.g. 7,500 coins or 68 lbs or what have you) and the software (or a moderator/ market-maker!) can match buyers and sellers and post updated spot prices? Food for thought.
Economist
Penny Pincher Member

Re: WTS copper cents- current market prices?

Postby pennypicker » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:00 pm

I don't know what the "standard" size for trading on this board would be but on ebay the standard size being used by the big bulk sellers is $100 face (68 lbs) shipped in a (medium) flat rate priority box for $10 to $12. Apparently the medium flat rate box is the preferred method of shipping and it also stores the 68 lbs of coins more securely than the large flat rate priority box. 8-)
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: WTS copper cents- current market prices?

Postby Joogaler » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:15 am

I sell no lower than $160-$170 for 100FV shipped. Maybe all of us sellers should list our selling price, then average the numbers to get a good selling price.

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing