hoarding zinc

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: hoarding zinc

Postby exbingoaddict » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Corsair wrote:Those who anger over principles can always change their principles.

In words of Groucho Marx, "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well I have others".
Last edited by exbingoaddict on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby jerry278 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Corsair wrote:Those who anger over principles can always change their principles.

Go Cards.

Thats true. I frankly dont mind the extra .5 rounded up or down. Certain people will however (not if its rounded down ;) ). But it is inevitable i imagine. Unless there was massive deflation! Unlikely though.

Hahah imagine this guys: Now all those infomericals that sell stuff for $19.99 plus s&h are gonna be all out of sorts! :lol:
Seriously though I wonder if people are gonna stop buying less of that junk now that its $20.00 even, it could be a subconsisous thing. We shall see i guess :geek:
jerry278
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Pennybug » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:05 pm

jerry278 wrote:

Go Cards.

Thats true. I frankly dont mind the extra .5 rounded up or down. Certain people will however (not if its rounded down ;) ). But it is inevitable i imagine. Unless there was massive deflation! Unlikely though.

Hahah imagine this guys: Now all those infomericals that sell stuff for $19.99 plus s&h are gonna be all out of sorts! :lol:
Seriously though I wonder if people are gonna stop buying less of that junk now that its $20.00 even, it could be a subconsisous thing. We shall see i guess :geek:

HE HE... yeah... kinda makes you start to think about stuff like that! What about penny stocks? Suppose that they will become Nickel stocks overnight or simply go away? If they become nickel stocks... you'd make a 5x return on your investment overnight literally! ;) I suppose that they'd have some legislation on this 1st...
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby thedrifter » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:32 pm

AGgressive Metal wrote:My thoughts on this are simple:

We used to have a "large cent" - the mint changed to a small cent without demonetizing it, they simply ceased production and it fell out of use
We used to have a "half cent" - the mint stopped making it and it has never been demonetized, it just fell out of circulation
We used to have a three-cent nickel - the mint stopped making it and it has never been demonetized, it just fell out of circulation
We used to have 90% silver coins - the mint changed composition and never demonetized them, and they have mostly come out of circulation

I have no reason to believe that withdrawal of the penny will be any different. The mint will stop making it, it will remain monetized, but it will fall out of use over the course of five years or so, until people no longer find it useful and/or available for everyday transactions.

Agreed. Also if you really think that the banks will round up in the customers favor and not in their own you have way more faith in the generosity of the banks, and the Rothchild's, Rockefeller's et al than I. That will take you every chance they get.
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing