Dump banks...how often and how much

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Dump banks...how often and how much

Postby inflationhawk » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm curious to hear from other active penny sorters...how often do you visit the same dump bank branch and how much do you dump in one visit? I am interested in hearing about those that use a coin sorting machine like the penny arcade at TD Bank. I have been going 3 times a week and dumping 30 to 40 dollars of only pennies each time.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Dump banks...how often and how much

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 pm

I dump almost every weekday at my credit union and occasionally on Saturday...but I'm still new at this. Some days it's just $50 to $75 in pennies along with a few dimes/quarters that I picked up in change. On the days following my halves pick-ups, I leave $1000 in halves plus some pennies. The bank associates have never complained, but some are curious. If I travel to another area of town I will try to dump some at another branch, but haven't felt like that was necessary so far.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Once or twice a week. The CU limits me to $300 a day per location. They don't care if I come every day. There are 3 branches that have machines. So I can dump $900 a day. They are building a new one that is in the route I am already taking. Looking forward to adding it to the line up. I use another bank to dump halves. Usually split it into 2 visits.

If you go too often and dump too much you might get cut off. Dumped $5000 in one wk once. Got called into the office and got cut off.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:22 pm

In a normal week I'll sort $200, leaving $140 to dump, so no matter how or where I do it, it's not much of an issue. The most I've ever taken to one branch is around $100, but usually $50.

When I have more productive weeks I still adhere pretty much to those daily max limits.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Screw that! I don't care how much I bring to my TD bank...and neither do they!

TD is great for that... I just usually don't go to the bank when it is super busy, usually around closing time.. that way there isn't usually a line and if I fill up a bag, there is plenty of people to help me!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing