Found a local CU with a coin counter, but they charge 4%

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Found a local CU with a coin counter, but they charge 4%

Postby VWBEAMER » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:49 pm

I joined anyway today, figured I could still use them to pick up or dump coins.

What do you think about a 4% charge to dump? That's four bucks to keep from rolling 200 rolls of pennies.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Re: Found a local CU with a coin counter, but they charge 4%

Postby Country » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Nope... I'd find another bank to dump my coins. Don't pay to get 'em, and don't pay to dump 'em.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:43 pm

I have also never paid to get or dump coins...

You mean that even after you opened an acct they still charged you? Why did you join? Seems like there are many other places that will allow you to get free coins, and dump for free if you have an acct with them!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Not around here, they are they only bank I could find that even has a coin counter.

If you know of a bank in middle Ga where I can dump for free, let me know.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Well this relatioship didn't last long, closed the account today. They don't give out change and they charge 4% to deposit change, even if it's rolled. I would have kept it, but unless you have 200 bucks in there they charge $2.50 a month.

My current Credt union has about 20 branches , so I'll just keep rolling or doing coinstar. I'll just use some branches to pick up and spread my dumps out to the other branches.
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing