Crazy coin fees at my WF

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Crazy coin fees at my WF

Postby Pachucko » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Yep. Went in today and asked for a box of Nickels and a box of Pennies. The guy tells me it'll be $140. Huh? I say. He says there is a $15 fee for coin for personal accounts. Oh well....
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Re: Crazy coin fees at my WF

Postby bman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:35 pm

is that fee per box, per order or what???
I'd pay a $15 fee if they let me order a truck-load at a time.... :mrgreen:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Pachucko » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 pm

bman wrote:is that fee per box, per order or what???
I'd pay a $15 fee if they let me order a truck-load at a time.... :mrgreen:

That's what I should have asked!! He just said $15 "for coin." Next time I'm in I'll check on it though.
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Pachucko wrote:Yep. Went in today and asked for a box of Nickels and a box of Pennies. The guy tells me it'll be $140. Huh? I say. He says there is a $15 fee for coin for personal accounts. Oh well....

That stinks! Did you buy them anyway? I had a WF account years ago. They were terrible then too.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Pachucko » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:54 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
Pachucko wrote:Yep. Went in today and asked for a box of Nickels and a box of Pennies. The guy tells me it'll be $140. Huh? I say. He says there is a $15 fee for coin for personal accounts. Oh well....

That stinks! Did you buy them anyway? I had a WF account years ago. They were terrible then too.

Yes, believe it or not I did. First I told the guy no because the percentage was too high, but then I decided to get them because I didn't want to go home empty-handed and this is the only bank I have an account at where I live. I'm planning on opening up a couple more next time I have a day off.
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby OtusLotus » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:29 pm

I would just walk into a bank and ask if they have any rolled coins... you never know they might say yes! And you might not have to open an acct there either
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Snake42 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Is WF wells fargo?
Snake42
Penny Pincher Member

Postby justj2k78 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:57 pm

OtusLotus wrote:I would just walk into a bank and ask if they have any rolled coins... you never know they might say yes! And you might not have to open an acct there either

That's how I get almost all of my pennies. I may not get as much as some, but I generally get $10-$20, and I've never been turned down or asked to open an account.
Last edited by justj2k78 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Pachucko » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:57 pm

Snake42 wrote:Is WF wells fargo?

Yes.
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby Snake42 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:15 pm

That guy has to be BSing you. Every wells fargo I go into has bent over backwards almost to help me. My local WF orders me 1000$ in pennies every week and is just really great about everything I ask them to do. All for no fee.
Snake42
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Pachucko » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Snake42 wrote:That guy has to be BSing you. Every wells fargo I go into has bent over backwards almost to help me. My local WF orders me 1000$ in pennies every week and is just really great about everything I ask them to do. All for no fee.

He was new. The lady in charge, head teller or something I guess, was walking him through the transaction (I cashed another check as well), and I believe she told him to charge the fees. After she spoke with him he came back and told me about it. I guess they just don't want to to deal with coins. The funny thing is I only go by once or twice a month and I always get small amounts, this is actually the most I've ever gotten.
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby Crescendo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Snake42 wrote:That guy has to be BSing you. Every wells fargo I go into has bent over backwards almost to help me. My local WF orders me 1000$ in pennies every week and is just really great about everything I ask them to do. All for no fee.

a lot of banks actually do have these kind of high charges (even per roll fees), BUT a lot of tellers and bankers either (a) don't know the fee (b) don't know how to process it in the teller system or (c) just are too lazy to care to find out what the fee is or process the fee.

Usually the answer is (c).
Crescendo
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing