Free money

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Free money

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:13 am

We have found on the self-service Cummins coin counters that there is a magnet strip that is not always checked by the last user. We now have a few pesos and Canada .25 and 10 cent coins that were left from the last user. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Free money

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:35 am

We?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:46 am

Rodebaugh wrote:We?

I have a fourteen year old with autism who like to go through rolls looking for odd and old coins. He will not go through bags of coins just rolls.I think the bags do not have a easy stopping point for him . As a roll just has the 50. :D
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 am

I see.....cool!

It is always good to get the kids excited about coins. good dad ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby PreservingThePast » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:03 am

henrysmedford wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:We?

I have a fourteen year old with autism who like to go through rolls looking for odd and old coins. He will not go through bags of coins just rolls.I think the bags do not have a easy stopping point for him . As a roll just has the 50. :D

This is a great hobby and I applaud you for encouraging your son in something he enjoys.

Sorting rolls of coins can be therapeutic for many of us, whatever our personal situation. None of our banks in the area offer bags of coins, just rolls, and I laughingly complain that I am missing out on all the good stuff. But I have had the opportunity to buy bulk coins at face from the local coin shop. Guess I am like your son. Those bags will sit for long periods of time as the rolls of coins keep calling my attention. Detailed notes/record keeping are part of my fun that will someday be passed along to my son as this is part of his 25th birthday coin project and then I added in the anniversary coin jars too when he married. Did something similar for the DIL who just had her 25th birthday but I didn't pass along the notebooks, just the info of how much $$$ value of coin I searched and how much time I spent searching for the 1985 pennies and the 1985 half dollars that I gave her on her 25th birthday.

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone. :geek:
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing