Ryedale coming soon

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Ryedale coming soon

Postby Bullion Buzzard » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:55 am

I am ordering a Ryedale in the next couple of days, so the stock pile grows. What is the acceptable amount in a day to put through without possible issues with the machine?
Bullion Buzzard

Re: Ryedale coming soon

Postby NDFarmer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:13 am

There is no limit on what you can put through it in a day. It is a hungry monster. As long as you want to keep feeding it, it will keep on sorting for you.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dakota1955 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:52 am

the big problem will be getting enought coins for it and then getting rid of the zinc ones
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:05 am

When we got the one we have we ran foun 5 gallon Home Depoit bucket worth in one setting. I would stop and clean oil after three runs using two hoppers. And no problems.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 am

No worries, it is a rockin machine....when my first machine showed up I had 60 boxes ready to go...did those in two days after work...my biggest single day sort was $600 from bags....just stop and clean the underside of the wheel and lube the SnP occassionally and spray a little silicon on the chute and away it goes. Jump in the Ryedale section and read up on some of the tuning for zincs, Cu cents and early wheats. Good Luck on supplying enough cents to feed the beast.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:25 am

Bullion Buzzard wrote:I am ordering a Ryedale in the next couple of days, so the stock pile grows. What is the acceptable amount in a day to put through without possible issues with the machine?

Acceptable amount.... Now that is funny.

The question you will be asking yourself is"Where can I get more pennies to sort?"
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby uthminsta » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:44 am

fasteddy wrote:just stop and clean the underside of the wheel and lube the SnP occassionally and spray a little silicon on the chute and away it goes.

I'm in my first week with my hungry hungry hippo, and this is what I am wondering. When and where should I be cleaning, lubing, etc? I'm a little apprehensive to start pulling it apart to clean...
uthminsta

Postby slickeast » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:44 pm

The main thing is to lube the SnP. One drop on each wheel is enough.

Dri-Slide is the ONLY lube you should be using.

Keep the chute clean. If you see coins stalling on the chute, either the SnP needs to be lubed or the chute is dirty.

There are videos that Ryedale has provided in the Ryedale section.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby MUTiger » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:31 pm

slickeast wrote:The main thing is to lube the SnP. One drop on each wheel is enough.

Dri-Slide is the ONLY lube you should be using.

Keep the chute clean. If you see coins stalling on the chute, either the SnP needs to be lubed or the chute is dirty.

There are videos that Ryedale has provided in the Ryedale section.

I just got mine a few weeks ago and have double run about $300 through the thing. It is amazing how it gobbles up the coins when it is cleaned and lubed. When it is not lubed you will notice what Slick mentions, the coins will stall on the chute and you will get jams. I have even witnessed the "coin jump" that Andy highlights in one of his slow motion videos on YouTube. When I first got the Ryedale I was experiencing jams on the first batch of coin. I lubed it but no help. I ran a few coins with the coin cup off and the cover to the SnP off and noticed the chute was misaligned a little bit and the coins were hitting edge of the chute. I made a small adjustment where the chute attaches to the compariator mount and the thing screams now when clean.

slickeast wrote:
Bullion Buzzard wrote:I am ordering a Ryedale in the next couple of days, so the stock pile grows. What is the acceptable amount in a day to put through without possible issues with the machine?

Acceptable amount.... Now that is funny.

The question you will be asking yourself is"Where can I get more pennies to sort?"

dakota1955 wrote:the big problem will be getting enought coins for it and then getting rid of the zinc ones

As mentioned by others, once you get the hang of cleaning and running it, the above quotes will be your problems.

As a side note to using the Ryedale, my wife got me a pair of Bose QC 15 headphones for Christmas. I hesitated keeping them because of the cost and did not open the package for about 3 weeks. I then got the Ryedale and thought I would try them out for sound protection while the machine is running. They are awesome. I just put them on and turn on with no audio input and the chink.chink.chink.chink of the Rydale running is muted to a quiet whisper. They also work great when using an audio input or to drown out your kids or wife. :lol: :lol:

mutiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Funny thing in mine last year was I didn't know the plastic slide came off easily... Once I noticed that cleaning was a breeze... I don't do anything unless it starts jamming... I have stashed over a ton of copper without replacing anything.. Rocking little monster..
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing