Copper Weight Lifting?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Copper Weight Lifting?

Postby frugalcanuck » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Another of my many questions for the forum.

Does anyone know if there are Copper plates for a barbell bar? I think it would be pretty cool to have weights that are copper. I dont know if is feasable or if they would be too bulky or soft.
If they dont exist would a place exist that I could bring scrap copper and have them mould them into 5lb, 10lb or 25lb plates?

I know shipping would be crazy for these but it would be a one time deal.

If I was really really rich gold would be even cooler but Im not.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Copper Weight Lifting?

Postby Thogey » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:08 pm

So wadda ya bench?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:10 pm

I prefer Aluminum plates.

If I even dream about working out, I wake up tired.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Neckro » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:23 pm

It would be an aesthetic look for the plates. Would be interesting too. I know of nothing. But it'd be really costly to get an entire set of them made.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:30 pm

They would be pretty darn cool but as Neckro says...Expensive. Heck the new iron ones are to pricey for me.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby frugalcanuck » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:43 pm

I dont know what I can lift anymore... I havent worked out in a long while. I am very active but not in the going to the gym type of way. Just lots of sports.

If I supply the copper would It still be expensive?
Copper weight plates could also be a Cu investment or just another way to store your hoard.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:52 pm

You could always get some of the plastic/sand filled weights. Remove the sand and insert the pennies. Not shinny, not very cool, but presto... cheap copper weights. :P

This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby frugalcanuck » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:15 pm

But I want shinny and cool
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Pachucko » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 pm

That's funny, I was thinking about filling one of my sandbags with pennies. Storage, and getting some practical use out of them at the same time.
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby misteroman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:43 am

just put them in milk jugs and paint the outside with copper color spray paint! :D
misteroman

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing