Need help !!!! question about selling copper

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Need help !!!! question about selling copper

Postby thecam111 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:14 am

Ok,
So ive been selling copper pennies on ebay for 3.99 a pound plus 4.95 free shipping in buy it now. if you buy 5 or more you get free shipping.
One guy recently purchased a lot, and then messaged me saying he wants to buy 2,000 pounds, and to invoice him

1) I have no idea if this is legit

2) this way exceeds the amount i have in stock, possibly i can set up a deal for him and someone who has 1 ton in stock

3) WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!

Please post
thecam111
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Need help !!!! question about selling copper

Postby TXBullion » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:57 am

Make sure he is in the US and not international. Invoice him and tell him there might be about a weeks processing time (to give you a chance to make a deal with someone here). Get payment (make sure its cleared) and then forward agreed payment to real center (their cut)

3.99 at 2,000 pounds is 8,000$ gross After Paypal fees and ebay fees your at 6960. Your shipping will run about 330. So now you have 6630. 2,000 lbs is about 3 000$ face. If you can arrange a deal with someone to ship a ton at 1.8 lets say $5,400 will be your cost. So potentially just for brokering this transaction, you can make over 1,200$
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:01 am

Nice deal if its legit. Hope you can pull it off. There are many on here that can supply you with CU. If you can cut out ebay and pp and do the deal with him straight up, you will make a lot more money. Might be worth the gamble.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Joogaler » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:19 am

I need to get back to selling on the bay to get some exposure! I could really use a steady buyer that want's a ton or two!

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby Kurr » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:23 am

The Portland mint could probably drop ship for you. Contact Highroller.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr

Postby slickeast » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:31 am

Kurr wrote:The Portland mint could probably drop ship for you. Contact Highroller.

^^^^ + 1
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:18 pm

Kurr wrote:The Portland mint could probably drop ship for you. Contact Highroller.

Yup Kurr is right.

Drop me a PM and I'm sure we can figure something out so that we both make some money :)
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing