Going rate for wheats? The future of wheat cents? ADDED

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Going rate for wheats? The future of wheat cents? ADDED

Postby toomuchcopper » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:44 am

I think that wheats at 3 cents is a good buy. If anyone wants to sell wheats at three cents each pm me I would be interested in them.
As far as holding wheats for the long haul goes.....I Personally think that if you can afford to stockpile some bags of wheats then why not stockpile them, are they the best investment, probably not.
for more information on copper pennies and copper penny sorting go to
WWW.CRAZYCOINGUY.COM
toomuchcopper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby zyll » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:56 pm

I would say that the only advantage to wheats is that you know you're getting 100% bronze. An easily identifiable design characteristic could be important so you don't have to check dates to verify the metal content. This is why I don't like kennedy halves when saving silver. The learning curve is slower to recognize the difference between the '64 and the '65-'70 debased pieces.
Trust the provision of God over the promises of men.
zyll
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TXBullion » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Good points, before this discussion, I was thinking they would be more valuable than Lincoln Memorial Copper Cents but now I might be thinking otherwise. Was thinking about Walker Halves . Not sure what the mintage would be in relation to 64 halves or if that has any relevance to wheats and LMC coppers but good point
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing