Nice find

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Nice find

Postby narragansett » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:52 pm

One teller at one of the banks that I use to swap bricks of pennies put 2 rolls aside for my wife today. Not a valuable find but still a nice find. The 2 rolls contained nothing but 1943 steel pennies. Some good condition & better & some a little rusty.
Interesting fact is that in all the tens of thousands of pennies that I have hand sorted I found as many Indian heads as I have 1943 steel cents (4).
narragansett
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Nice find

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:13 pm

sweet !

its always nice to have a teller that will help you out

ive found about twice as many indians as steel cents - but i never get customer wrapped rolls either...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Re: Nice find

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:17 pm

That's a very cool find. I think I've found only 2-3 in the thousands I've hand sorted...and those were awful ones too! Take a better look at the date...I recently got my hands on a few better quality steelies with the '3' missing. I guess a grease filled die...not worth much...but cool with the '3' missing!

Cool find...keep posting!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing