A (special) thanks to NDfarmer from a newbie!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

A (special) thanks to NDfarmer from a newbie!

Postby pennypicker » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:16 am

I joined this hobby three weeks ago as a means to help take my mind of my father who was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer in July. His condition has deteriorated to the point where he is now day to day. Since joining this board the sorting of pennies has offered me an escape and kept me otherwise preoccupied from the pressures of the moment. A few days ago I wanted to begin my feedback history on this board so I bid and won an auction by NDfarmer--a $25 box of cu memorials & a $25 box of Canadian cu's. I told him that I liked the "65 thru '77 Canadian design and added that I was a newbie while mentioning nothing about my father.

The pennies arrived just two days after the auction ended. Everything was great and even the 50 memorial rolls were heavily sprinkled with Canadians (I'm sure this was not just a coincidence) :D . Taped on the top of one box was a small bag that contained an additional 48 Canadian cu's, 5 very nice red wheats, 5 King George cu's and one nice Indian.

For the first time in many days a small smile appeared on my face so I just wanted to publicly thank NDfarmer for making a nice, unsolicited gesture of kindness to someone who hasn't had anything to smile about for some time now. I thank you sir :)
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: A (special) thanks to NDfarmer from a newbie!

Postby misteroman » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:18 am

ND is a great guy indeed. Sorry to hear about your father as well. I said a quick prayer for you and your family.
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby aristobolus » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:15 am

Prayers for your father and you. Humanity is amongst us; those who gravitate toward the physical oftentimes are those who hunger for the spiritual- the two are are not mutually exclusive as some think.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby NDFarmer » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:55 am

WOW!! Thank you for the kind words. You just put a smile on my face and made my day as well. I am also sorry to hear about your Father and will be praying for you and your family.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby smallchange » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:13 am

I am also sorry to hear about your father and my prayers also go with you and your family.

I would also like to say that I have also purchased from NDFarmer in the past and cannot say anything other than, just as you, he also handled my orders more than fairly, and he is a true and honest asset on the Realcent site.
smallchange
Penny Pincher Member

Postby appjoe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:18 am

My prayers also go out to you and your family
appjoe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:40 am

Pennypicker

You guys definately have a tough road ahead of you. God bless you, he will comfort you.

Realcent might be a little gift, part of that comfort, a little diversion from what is a real shitty situation.

Ron is one of the good guys for sure, and there are plenty of them here.

I'm glad you're here and thanks for your post!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby BamaJoe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:40 am

That shows that even frozen artic wastelands like North Dakota can have decent folks in them. NDF that was a classy act.

Pennypicker our thoughts are with you.
Last edited by BamaJoe on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:27 am

God bless... my prayers are wwith you.
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NDFarmer » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:17 pm

BamaJoe wrote:That shows that even frozen artic wastelands like North Dakota can have decent folks in them.

Just got in from blowing snow off the driveway and raking snow off the roof. It was a nice morning to be outside 12 degrees above zero and not much wind.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Thank you everyone for your very thoughtful and considerate comments. I truly do appreciate them!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Above Zero!?

Dude you should have taken advantage of the warm weather and washed your truck.

You know there's 2 or 3 weeks comming up when you won't see zero.

At least the mosquitos are moving a little slower.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby HPMBTT » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Pennypicker...I'm sorry to hear about your tough situation. Glad to hear that the small gesture by NDFarmer cheered you up a bit. Sometimes, it's the small gestures by good people that can make a difference and put a smile on someone's face.

NDFarmer..those wheat bags you were/are selling are tempting, as I have way too many empty slots in my Dansco wheat folder (1909-58)..but I'm broke for this month, like many of us here....:( Good price, though. Perhaps next month.
HPMBTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BamaJoe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Thogey wrote:Above Zero!?

At least the mosquitos are moving a little slower.

Wishful thinking there. Those suckers are big enough up there to carry their own onboard heating units.

I'm willing to swear that I've seen them carry away cats and small dogs - and no, it had nothing to do with the antifreeze I was using at the time.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby newton7 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:10 pm

He treated me real good last year on some trades and event sent extra stuff for my son to have. Way to go NDFarmer!!
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby PreservingThePast » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:43 pm

Pennypicker.......my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family, especially for your father.

Sorting coins is a great escape, with no real down side to the hobby. I hope you will continue to enjoy it and this diversion will bring you some time of peace.

Fourteen years ago, my father suffered a massive heart attack and died exactly one year later. My father had tried all of my "reading" years to get me interested in mysteries, which he loved among other reading genre. During this stressful period I encountered a display of mystery books in our local bookstore and was drawn to a title: Nutty as a Fruitcake. That was sure how I felt at the time and I bought it. Needless to say I fell in love with the author and it brought me to reading more of the genre that my father had always encouraged me to read.

So, maybe this is something you can share with your dad during his better moments--some of your fun finds. Sometimes just having a "normal conversation" with a loved one that is in their last stage of being on this Earth is a blessing to both of you. It will be some happy times to bring to mind in the future.

Take Care.
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:07 pm

I wanted to say thanks again to those who have replied recently. I truly appreciate all your kind and very thoughtful words. We're crossing our fingers that he will be here for Christmas--just five more days

Again my sincere thanks to all who replied, Don.
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing