Alternative to Ryedale?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Alternative to Ryedale?

Postby Joogaler » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:46 pm

I found this on e-Bay yesterday and wondered if anyone has used this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 328wt_1139

He even has a video showing it in action. Definately slower, and not as great of a design, but I don't have the money to spend on the Ryedale right now. I hand sorted 8 boxes last week, and just wanna find a cheap, and effective alternative to Ryedale.

Any suggestions to a new member?

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Re: Alternative to Ryedale?

Postby misteroman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:05 pm

think it's too slow. If you're sorting 8 boxes a week,You should be able to hand sort 50 rolls in an hr anyways. So why buy a sorter that costs money and may make you lose on on wheats etc
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Joogaler » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks, I would maybe consider buying it to do halves and things like that. I'm not sure if I can order halves at Woodforest Bank, but I do know they don't keep them offhand. They also told me they're gonna charge me $.03 a roll to order them. I just go to BB&T and ask for a hundred dollars of pennies, and have no problems!

Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby Corsair » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Welcome to the forum, Joogaler. First off, never ever ever pay to order coins. It's a waste. Second, if you want a machine, get a Ryedale. The Ace is much better in quality than that, and I'm sure it can do coins just as fast. Ask Country, he loves his. Third, you don't need a machine to do halves. Either rim-check, like I do, or date-check, like some others do. Very fast and very accurate. Good luck hunting.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Joogaler » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks, yeah when they said 3 cents a roll I was thinking wtf? That's $6 for $100 worth of rolls! Just another way for banks to screw us... Yeah I'm sure It's faster just to rim check, I didn't even think about it that way. Anybody got any ideas other than e-bay to sell my coppers? I'm fed up with their fee's as well...

Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby Corsair » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:57 pm

I was going to go with eBay last week, but just to see, I dropped an ad on Craigslist. In just a few hours, I had someone interested. A few hours after that, I got 1.4x face for a few hundred pounds of copper.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Joogaler » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Corsair wrote:I was going to go with eBay last week, but just to see, I dropped an ad on Craigslist. In just a few hours, I had someone interested. A few hours after that, I got 1.4x face for a few hundred pounds of copper.

I thought about trying craigslist, I live in the middle of nowhere in NC but when I gather some more copper I'll try putting some up there. I really appreciate the help, I'm 19 and trying to make a little money without having go to work for Ronald McDonald! :mrgreen:

Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby Corsair » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm 18, and yeah, that boost of cash really made me feel good. But, I had my first ever job interview today at the public library, so that would be nice as well. Good luck with those pennies.
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:47 am

The Ace is a much better way to go!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby fasteddy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 pm

forget it ...I bought :oops: one of those units and used it for ten minutes then went back to hand sorting....then I bought an Apprentice off of craigslist :D . Save your dough and order an ACE 8-) ...that seems to be the way to mechanize the sort the most economical way :) .

Cheers..I am on my way to the CU to dump three buckest of pennies and I forgot my dolly.... :(
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Joogaler » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:43 pm

I see the apprentice is $500, but how much is the Ace? I don't see it listed on Ryedales site, and couldn't even find a price googling it!

Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Just message Andy at Ryedale or he is Ryedale on here. He can hook you up with an Ace. I don't think he advertises them yet, you need to find out about it through the forum.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:23 am

Corsair wrote:I'm 18, and yeah, that boost of cash really made me feel good. But, I had my first ever job interview today at the public library, so that would be nice as well. Good luck with those pennies.

And innocents is lost…….alas……work.

However, may be a good place to weed through some copper during down time ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:00 am

Corsair you are only 18... thought you were older. I feel so old! ...I guess that is because I am, LOL!
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing