Minnesota Storm

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Minnesota Storm

Postby CU Baker » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Ok, we know its coming. Now to get ready. Fill the car with gas and the can for the snow blower on the way to the bank to get supplies for being locked in for a couple days. Let me have two hundred in pennies and a box of nicks please. Called my girl friend and gave her the list of supplies to bring home from work. Time to make a big pot of ham and dumpling soup.

So after day one of the storm,nothing to do, all the pennys and nicks are sorted and put away. Blowed out the driveway twice and just waiting for the snow plows to come and push it all back into the entrance again so I can do it all over again. But as I was unrolling the pennys a nice supprise a 43 steal looking at me in the box, Wrong - Its an 86 d zinc, this is the second unplated penny in three weeks, scratched it no copper present. Wish I had something to do except blowing some of the 15 inches of snow around again. Next time we will be more prepaired I will stop at a couple more banks on the way home!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Minnesota Storm

Postby GTOJohn » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:06 am

yes, i think we should all have a bunch of boxes stored home - to sort thru at a later date. being prepared.
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Re: Minnesota Storm

Postby Know Common Cents » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Might need a supply of zincs to use as markers on the snow (instead of bread crumbs) to find your way back to the house in the midst of a blizzard. They could become nasty projectiles if kicked out by the blower, though.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing