1st Bag of the Year.

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

1st Bag of the Year.

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Stopped by my favorite bank today. And yes.....they had a bag waiting for me. Looks like good copper numbers at first glance, but I did not see one wheat, canadian, or indian looking back at me. Going to have to settle for a copper bag this time. Gotta love them bags, though!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 1st Bag of the Year.

Postby jasmatk » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:53 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:Gotta love them bags, though!

Dont have to crack all them rolls cant go wrong :D
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:21 am

Bag was ok...about 28% copper. It did have 28 wheats. Just an average bag....who cares...I still get excited about bags! You never know what got dumped!
Last edited by TheJonasCollegeFund on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:25 pm

One of my New Year's resolutions was to find another source bank that will sell me BAGS! I'm hot on the trail of a lead. I stopped at a new branch today....and....if they had one or more they would have sold it to me. I'll hold my breath for now. This bank is located in a smaller town with a very older population. Town dates back to the mid-1800's. Now that's old around here. Might be good year!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby chirules54 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Try credit unions, a lot of them don't work with the armored truck companies and can get bags direct from the feds. I used to be a teller at BofA and I know most of the major US banks deal with armored service, so it's whether or not they can provide them. I'm pretty sure Brinks and Loomis don't.
chirules54

Postby tbram88 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:53 am

chirules54 wrote:Try credit unions, a lot of them don't work with the armored truck companies and can get bags direct from the feds. I used to be a teller at BofA and I know most of the major US banks deal with armored service, so it's whether or not they can provide them. I'm pretty sure Brinks and Loomis don't.

I will have to try some Cu,s I have been looking for a source of bags, do you think they will require an account to buy bags?

All the best...Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing