Wholesale - 1 OZ Round Sources?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Wholesale - 1 OZ Round Sources?

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:05 pm

I've finally got to ask this. Please let me know what I might be missing.... (and I might be). But why (on a forum essentially dedicated to the extraction of 95% Cu "mini-rounds" in the form of pre-82 pennies, at one-third spot) are these attractive for members to buy at spot plus? Is it just the curiousity of them? I'm a bit mystified.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby STINGER » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Same here I keep thinking I need to buy more silver but then I think how
Stupid is that with the current penny situation. Once that's over on to the nickels
STINGER
Penny Sorter Member

Postby JadeDragon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:46 pm

68Camaro wrote:I've finally got to ask this. Please let me know what I might be missing.... (and I might be). But why (on a forum essentially dedicated to the extraction of 95% Cu "mini-rounds" in the form of pre-82 pennies, at one-third spot) are these attractive for members to buy at spot plus? Is it just the curiousity of them? I'm a bit mystified.

Some of us like to buy stuff that looks interesting even if it is priced at more than spot. Like collector coins and stamps.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby tbram88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:52 pm

I plan on getting a buttload of 1 OZ. rounds soon. If the deal goes through I will have them available for $1.50 EA. + shipping
If anyone is interested PM me. I will know for sure in a couple days.

Even though they are way above spot I buy them cuz I think they are cool (some are ugly) but mostly cool and they don't seem to be too hard to sell.
It just seems that you have to buy a buttload of them to get a good price.

All the best...Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Postby aloneibreak » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:05 pm

tbram88 wrote:I plan on getting a buttload of 1 OZ. rounds soon. If the deal goes through I will have them available for $1.50 EA. + shipping
If anyone is interested PM me. I will know for sure in a couple days.

Even though they are way above spot I buy them cuz I think they are cool (some are ugly) but mostly cool and they don't seem to be too hard to sell.
It just seems that you have to buy a buttload of them to get a good price.

All the best...Bob.

a buttload ? how does that compare to a crap ton ? :D

i have a few 1 oz rounds and a few more on the way

they are easy to sell - and ive given a few away to family members - hoping to spark an interest in metals of any sort
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby tbram88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm not totally confident in my metric conversions, but if I'm not mistaken a crap ton is approximately 32% more than a buttload.

No wait I stand corrected, according to "Urban Dictionary";

Crap ton=
At least two times a [shucks] Load. (must be greater then 17)

Buttload=
N. 1. An extremely large quantity of anything that takes up space. 10x bigger than an assload , and 100x bigger than a shitload , yet smaller than a truckload.

If I'm reading this right a Buttload is 96x more than a crap ton, that can't be right. Maybe one of our Canadian friend can help us with the math, but I think Canadians call them Tonne's.

Now I'm confused ????Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing