Silver 20 centavos 1942 in a penny roll!!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Silver 20 centavos 1942 in a penny roll!!

Postby camprunamuk » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:41 am

I was so excited to find a 1942 20 centavos coin in a penny box tonight. googled it and found it was silver. I am not sure I looked in the right place, seemd confusing what it was worth. I have found wheaties, kings, plastic pennies and dimes so far....this was my first silver coin in a penny box! :D :D I have no idea how to value the condition either, but it seems to be in really great shape...the letters and picture lines are very sharp and seems to not really be worn. Have any of you seen one of these?
camprunamuk

Re: Silver 20 centavos 1942 in a penny roll!!

Postby ramy98 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:43 am

Congrats :)
ramy98

Postby smallchange » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:46 am

I have never found a plastic penny or anything like the 20 centavos coin which you describe. Give us a pic of the silver if you can.
smallchange
Penny Pincher Member

Postby camprunamuk » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:54 am

Smallchange:

Iam not sure how to download a camera onto my daughters laptop I am using and no one else in the house is awake...my insomnia is why I am on here so late. However, until my family wakes up and someone can show me how, I found a link you can click on to see what it looks like. And I only found a plastic penny last week, it was my first after whining I hadn' found one yet...LOL. I've found 4 or 5 dimes but none silver. This was my most exciting non-penny find, that is for sure! Last night I found 54 wheaties in a box, a record for me. I got both boxes from the same bank over the last two days so am thinking of going back for more tomorrow...LOL.

I will try to get a picture uploaded, but the kids will have to help me...(oh the embarassment...LOL0
camprunamuk

Postby smallchange » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:05 am

Honest, I had to get my younger bro (over 40 now) involved to get my first pic up here, maybe a week ago or so. My kids would know how to do it, but I did not want to ask. The kids already think of me as old school idiot.

Good Find tho. I am up now, this early, as in NE they have a pretty good snowstorm, and our business has to run, so I got up early and drove to work, before the main snow thing hit.
smallchange
Penny Pincher Member

Postby camprunamuk » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:42 am

When I posted we hadn't been in bed long, house finally quiet...live in Pacific time zone....it was still night here...Lol. Yeah...wish i didn't have to ask kids things like that, i homeschooled them and hate it when they know more than me....
camprunamuk

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing