The Value of Positive Public Relations

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

The Value of Positive Public Relations

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:02 am

You know how the tellers at the banks are always looking at us suspiciously, and asking why we want all those pennies... as if we were some kind of criminal? I have an idea. Why don't we turn the table on them and induce them to think that we are beneficial, not just out to make a profit for our own purposes? The next time someone asks you why you order all those pennies, why not tell them "I'm a copper recycler." If they ask you to explain, then take a moment to go on "well, you know how important it is to protect the environment? Resource depletion is occuring in just about every mineral. People already recycle aluminum; I do the same thing with copper. Older pennies have higher copper content than new ones. At some point in time, like Canada is doing now, the United States will consider abolishing the penny, and a big reason for doing that will be the cost of minting them, and to recover the copper from circulating cents. Even though I can't redeem them right now, it's the patriotic thing to do to examine your change, collect the old cents and save them to turn in when the government decides it makes sense to melt them." I'm gonna have this little speech ready for the next time someone asks. Thoughts, anyone? Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: The Value of Positive Public Relations

Postby OldPeddler » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:55 am

Very intresting.
OldPeddler
Penny Pincher Member

Postby AlexTG » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:54 pm

beauanderos wrote:You know how the tellers at the banks are always looking at us suspiciously, and asking why we want all those pennies... as if we were some kind of criminal? I have an idea. Why don't we turn the table on them and induce them to think that we are beneficial, not just out to make a profit for our own purposes? The next time someone asks you why you order all those pennies, why not tell them "I'm a copper recycler." If they ask you to explain, then take a moment to go on "well, you know how important it is to protect the environment? Resource depletion is occuring in just about every mineral. People already recycle aluminum; I do the same thing with copper. Older pennies have higher copper content than new ones. At some point in time, like Canada is doing now, the United States will consider abolishing the penny, and a big reason for doing that will be the cost of minting them, and to recover the copper from circulating cents. Even though I can't redeem them right now, it's the patriotic thing to do to examine your change, collect the old cents and save them to turn in when the government decides it makes sense to melt them." I'm gonna have this little speech ready for the next time someone asks. Thoughts, anyone? Image

You may have just opened a new market for these pennies. It may not appeal to many here, but you could convince many greenies that this is a very valid reason. The 3 P's of business are profits, people and pollution. You have already found a way for it to benefit two of these points. Figure out a way that it benefits the general population, and you will find less resistance to what you are doing. Youse even find more support. I would imagine. Most people are not looking for truth, just an answer. That is all that is needed to convince most what you are doing is reasonable. That and you have to be good at believing in it too.
AlexTG
Penny Pincher Member

Postby rickygee » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:08 pm

And don't forget to mention how much "lighter" zinkers are to coppers. "(Insert sweet teller's name here), I'm doing my part to make lifting all that metal less of a strain on you." :shock:
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Postby Joogaler » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Lol I really like the idea. It's kind of a goofy response but it's totally true and relevant.

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby CrazyTom » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:58 pm

I have found that many of them just smile politely and really don't care, or they are clueless. As long as you are taking the customer rolls away they are more than happy to hand them over no questions asked. They might even think you're a little daft, but that's their loss.
Pedal to the metal.

CrazyTom's equation; More Traffic + More Miles = More Metal
CrazyTom
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OldPeddler » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:42 pm

It goes over best if you are a depositer of the bank
OldPeddler
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing