I Wonder How These Guys are Doing?????

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

I Wonder How These Guys are Doing?????

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:11 am

TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: I Wonder How These Guys are Doing?????

Postby beauanderos » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:01 am

Great to see Provident sensing a niche market for these. Once they start, others will copy. Get ready for copper cents
to become in vogue :clap: :thumbup: :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:54 am

FANTASTIC! Good to see someone now in competition with IL Bullion. I wonder if the Real Cent Copper Cooperative might start a base of dealerships (virtual/bricks & mortar) across the nation. Hummm, maybe the Portland Mint could use it as an established distribution network that can also market the storage aspect? Maybe a target market that caters to the little guy like you do, Ray.

Just trying to get some brain storming started here. You know, plant the seed of an idea and let those with a greater understanding work about the details. When you think about it, the network of those here who sort and can understand the business concept could be a valuable piece of a business plan. We are at the very least nation wide. Those of you who are entrepreneurs, I ask how doable might such a concept be and what factors have to come into alignment for it to be a viable business venture? Our network/community is something neither Provident nor IL Bullion have and we as a community have way more experience specific to this area.

Currently we have CU pennies selling on for forum for the equivilient of about $126/CTU shipped. A Provident CTU is over $200 shipped. IL Bullion is also over $200 and doesn't include shipping and insurance. Surely, there must be at least 1/2 a dozen of our members who could come up with (at least at some point in time as the market develops) a viable business plan that could incorporate such a network? Or am I just a dreamer?

It's ok, I'd take no offence to being called a dreamer. I've been called way worse. Ask my wife.

To say "I have a vision", might be an understatement. This kind of stuff just makes me want to fire up the Ryedale!
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:47 am

I was looking to see if they are buying, too.

Might send them an email later.
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby natsb88 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:43 pm

I want to say Provident has been selling copper pennies for at least a year, maybe longer. They started selling copper bars/rounds first but the pennies weren't far behind.
natsb88

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:11 pm

All I know is that I like seeing things like this. Every time a bigger dealer starts selling copper pennies as bullion, it brings it a little closer to being mainstream, which is good for me or anyone else who sorts.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby plus1hdcp » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:40 pm

Hawkeye wrote:All I know is that I like seeing things like this. Every time a bigger dealer starts selling copper pennies as bullion, it brings it a little closer to being mainstream, which is good for me or anyone else who sorts.

Agreed
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:10 am

What is IL Bullion? Link?

I could sort 10x what I do now, just don't have the capital/buyers.

Storage/security is an issue too.

I would love to make a side business selling Cu cents.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:40 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:What is IL Bullion? Link?

Mr.4321 needs to expand to the Midwest.
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:03 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:What is IL Bullion? Link?

IL = Independent Living Bullion: http://www.independentlivingbullion.com/
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby tinhorn » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:08 pm

johnbrickner wrote:Currently we have CU pennies selling on for forum for the equivilient of about $126/CTU shipped. A Provident CTU is over $200 shipped. IL Bullion is also over $200 and doesn't include shipping and insurance. Surely, there must be at least 1/2 a dozen of our members who could come up with (at least at some point in time as the market develops) a viable business plan that could incorporate such a network? Or am I just a dreamer?

You'll notice they're not buying now, nor is the other seller that Adam pointed out a few weeks ago. IF there's a market at $200, maybe your idea could be fleshed out. I made a fairly decent part-time income a couple years ago--for a laundry room/kitchen counter operation--selling coppers on eBay, back when they were worth nearly 3c each. They're under 2c each now, and from what I read, that may not change any time soon.

RichardPenny43 wrote:I would love to make a side business selling Cu cents.

I hear ya. Doing some spring cleaning/unpacking today after spending all winter ignoring the boxes that were hastily moved into our new place last fall. Man, I'm finding pennies EVERYwhere! I told my sweetie that I missed the old days of buying, cleaning, sorting, bagging, and selling these damn coins. She told me to get back into it, but I don't think there's a market right now.

All the same, you crazies have helped me answer a question I've been waffling over: whether to keep or sell my equipment. As long as it took to assemble it all and find a process that works, I'll hang onto it for a while longer and then reassess. But for a sideline income, I've been playing with this little electric boat, see, and I own the molds....
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:37 pm

johnbrickner wrote: (at least at some point in time as the market develops)
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Zincanator » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:41 am

Shows out of stock now.
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:25 pm

johnbrickner wrote:FANTASTIC! Good to see someone now in competition with IL Bullion. I wonder if the Real Cent Copper Cooperative might start a base of dealerships (virtual/bricks & mortar) across the nation. Hummm, maybe the Portland Mint could use it as an established distribution network that can also market the storage aspect? Maybe a target market that caters to the little guy like you do, Ray.

Just trying to get some brain storming started here. You know, plant the seed of an idea and let those with a greater understanding work about the details. When you think about it, the network of those here who sort and can understand the business concept could be a valuable piece of a business plan. We are at the very least nation wide. Those of you who are entrepreneurs, I ask how doable might such a concept be and what factors have to come into alignment for it to be a viable business venture? Our network/community is something neither Provident nor IL Bullion have and we as a community have way more experience specific to this area.

Currently we have CU pennies selling on for forum for the equivilient of about $126/CTU shipped. A Provident CTU is over $200 shipped. IL Bullion is also over $200 and doesn't include shipping and insurance. Surely, there must be at least 1/2 a dozen of our members who could come up with (at least at some point in time as the market develops) a viable business plan that could incorporate such a network? Or am I just a dreamer?

It's ok, I'd take no offence to being called a dreamer. I've been called way worse. Ask my wife.

To say "I have a vision", might be an understatement. This kind of stuff just makes me want to fire up the Ryedale!

I would have to say that buying a CTU from the members here is a much better deal. I had gotten a couple of them in the past.... :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing